ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long as your original exhaust lasted

Lots of Alfas
Mine dropped off at 40k, I now have a janspeed sports cat with a slightly modified renault mid and back box on 72k.

Clio 1.2 16v
mines still on its original at 134k, looks good considering the amount of miles its done. Gettin my new engine in next week and possibly a new preformance exhaust next month.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
My 172 backbox went after 8k , had a replaced under warranty, then the centre section went at 16k, so changed it for a Sebring sytem, then changed again to a longlife system its still going strong at 65k sold her 2005

Cap

Pug 106 1.5 D Aztec powa!
Mine was sawn off at 65k to put a peco stainless steel system on :) (it was a genuine exhaust, i believe origonal from the amount of crap inside it)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 1.2 16v one lasted 4 years and 140k miles it was still fine when i removed it too lol

my 172 however blew the welds off the centre section at 30k and 3yrs

LY V6 with Recaros
I changed mine at 15k, so I wouldn't know. My boyfriends 1.2 clio is still on the first one at 40k though.

RenaultSport 172.
I changed mine at 15k, so I wouldn't know. My boyfriends 1.2 clio is still on the first one at 40k though.

i bet hes gutted! his gf, has a car twice the power of his :p lol!

Mine's on 32k and still seems ok, sounds toilet though. When it falls off (lets face it it will at some point) it will be getting a lairy SS effort with one central rear silencer, cup racer style.

M

monkeyman103

Had a whole enw exhaust replaced after 21,000 miles as backbox fell of on motorway. Sicne then have had the mid scetion replaced twice due to the baffles going. Think it full stainless steel time.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
My mid-section started to rattle at 25k, so it was replaced under warranty.

The back box lasted 35k and just over 3 years

Clio 182
Got told mine was corroded on my 182 in my MOT at 3 years old, currently on 28.5k and 5 months on and it hasn't fallen off yet.

I would replace it but don't know what to put on it.

BMW M135i
I'm 28k with the standard exhaust, centre section rattles like a b**ch though. And its looking pretty damn rusty where the pipe joins the backbox, not long left for it I think.

MY10 R35 GTR
28k.......... im currently on my 2nd cat and 2nd backbox which is now falling to bits with rust. not a happy customer. Both the renault dealers near me make such crap jobs of fixing it i end up doin it.

Yesterday was my months clam tighten day :(

172 mk2 Iceberg
back box went at 36k (pipe sheared off before silencer)
with only one barcket taking the weight of the back box there is a strong "twist" force on the pipe holding the weight... bit of a poor design on the 172...... at least it dont sound like a ticking bomb now when its cooling down

172 ff silver
my back box fell off friday at 45k

replaced with ss stealth catback from mij performanse of wallsall and its throaty ;)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
cat lasted 17k, centre section and back box 21k. both recently replaced under warranty and are currently dry stored to go back on the car when i get bored with the custom made prospeed.... which will be never then lol.