ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how long have you owned your Clio?

2002 clio 172
Been looking at the for sale section and seems most people selling have only owned their car a year or less? Why is this? I've had mine for 2 years in July and I can't see me getting rid any time soon. How long have you owned yours?

koi

Audi S1
6 years, go through stages of where I feel like a change but can't bear to get rid of it.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
4 years this September

had various renaultsport Clio's since 2004

Do fancy a change though

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
In the past I've usually only kept my cars for a year then sold on for something else... had my Clio 182 over 2 years now and tbh I want to keep it for another 2 :) goes to show just how good it is!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
7 years, I do lust after other cars,
but the only way i'd drive something else is if I could afford to run the Clio aswel,
it's just too much fun to ever get rid of.

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Had our 182 from new and it's still going strong - 10 years in October! Has been great during that time, and since it needs another cambelt, I'm going to treat it to a good fettling shortly to celebrate!

M2 Comp
I've never owned a car for a full year... :eek:

You find a lot of people who are 'into cars' change them on a regular basis, hence I don't worry too much about the number of previous owners when buying a car. The 182 I owned before my Trophy I had for just four months. In that time, I'd spent quite a bit tidying it up and replacing worn parts, it was a good car, I just fancied a change.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've never owned a car for a full year... :eek:

You find a lot of people who are 'into cars' change them on a regular basis, hence I don't worry too much about the number of previous owners when buying a car. The 182 I owned before my Trophy I had for just four months. In that time, I'd spent quite a bit tidying it up and replacing worn parts, it was a good car, I just fancied a change.

Do you lose a lot of money this way though? I have a friend who's similar and swaps his cars every 6 months... (just gone from an R26 to a GTI E35) and I guess one key advantage is that he buys after a service has been done, and sells before the next one's due.

For me the main part of car ownership I enjoy is customisation and then enjoying what I've done lol so I tend to keep a little longer, especially with this one :) (plus, there just isn't much out there that beats a Clio 182 in terms of bang for buck!)

2002 clio 172
Do you lose a lot of money this way though? I have a friend who's similar and swaps his cars every 6 months... (just gone from an R26 to a GTI E35) and I guess one key advantage is that he buys after a service has been done, and sells before the next one's due.

For me the main part of car ownership I enjoy is customisation and then enjoying what I've done lol so I tend to keep a little longer, especially with this one :) (plus, there just isn't much out there that beats a Clio 182 in terms of bang for buck!)

I have a mate who uses that swapz website. Different car every month or so. I can't be bothered with the hassle! Plus the worry of buying something that's broken.

RB 182 Cup
it's just too much fun to ever get rid of.

This 100%

Owned my 182 one and a half years now. I'm looking at other cars for when I'm 21 next year, but everytime I drive the clio, I always remind myself of how much I don't want to sell it.

M2 Comp

I wouldn't say i've really lost any money tbh. For example, I sold the 182 for more than I paid for it, but then I'd spent a bit of money on it so probably broke even.

I've nearly had my Trophy for a year and have no intention of selling it. I think in was a case of finding a car I was happy with.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
turbo I've had 7 years, just over

182 had for just heading towards two years now

track mk1 only bought last October time iirc

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Had mine since new, May 2005 so just over 9 years. Plan on keeping it until it dies (especially as I've spent a small fortune on it this year - whole new exhaust system etc)!