ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long should i leave it...

1.6 focus zetec....
...in between applying the following??

Autoglym SRP, Autoglym EGP snd poorboys nattys blue?? Is there a time that you have to leave them settle in or anything or can i just put one on, buff it off and then put another one on straight after??

Also i dont have a PC as im not that into car cleaning but would a buffer my dad got from argos be ok to take the products off once ive put them on??

Thanks....

Kiza

106 GTi
AG SRP then the EGP straight away after, leave that on the paint 45-60 mins + dependingh on the weather.

Ideally you should then leave the car 24 hours before adding further layers of EGP or applying the wax. I think AG have started putting this onlater bottles now. It allows the product to set up and do it's job.

Hand removal will probably more effective than the argos buffer tbh ;) remember nice and thin on all the layers esp. the EGP. Work the SRP till there is nothing to remove to avoid dust, a 20 pence size blob should be sufficent to do a door, quarter of a bonnet etc. Anything you remove and wipe of is wasted product.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Polish it with the SRP . Then EGP the whole car , leave for at least 30 mins then buff off . Then the nattys on top of that and buff off .

Thats what i do :)

106 GTi
EGP wont bond after anything much other than SRP properly. There are a few products that it will also work over.

Polish - Sealant - Wax (Optional step mainly for looks)

1.6 focus zetec....
a 20 pence size blob should be sufficent to do a door, quarter of a bonnet etc. Anything you remove and wipe of is wasted product.

This is some very interesting information... the few times ive done it ive put quite a bit on so i can really see it on the car so thanks for that advise!! I will use my elbow grease then lol!!

Only problem i have with leaving it 24 hours is that i dont have a garage etc to store the car so if the weathers bad over night will it still be ok??

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Thanks Rich, if i do it again ill follow those steps.

I wasted my EGP last time then as i did it over a coat of nattys and soverign lol.

Seems to of held up pretty well tho as i did a session before winter to protect it and ive prob done 10k since.