ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long will you be keeping your Clio?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Wish i hadnt sold the 197. However the Cup is perfect for saving with impending house purchase early next year, cheaper to run in terms of insurance/fuel/less to go wrong with no keyless and what not.. Get the house sorted, then see what happens.

S4 Avant
Unless some one is willing to pay £5000 for mine, I'll be keeping it forever.

The forever option looks most likely :dapprove:

The 200 will stay at least until I'm 21 (another year and a half) as then the insurance doors open to big power, and I'll no doubt be tempted to try something turbo'd like a Meg or similar. I may well be too attached to it by then though.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
How are you 19.5 and able to afford and insure a 200 on your own?!

Last edited:

AK

M240i
Arent you an accountant? I'd take maths for 4 year olds again if i were you ;)

Accountancy isn't really about the numbers tbh, it's more about rules and tax treatment, etc... we're allowed calculators in work and also for all exams..

That said, even I could deduct 21 - 1.5 :rasp:

ibiza cupra
i was going to upgrade to a meg 225 this year but things have changed so it looks like it will be staying for a little while longer as i dont owe anything on it and another outgoing is not what i need right now :( .

keo

Clio Trophy
I cant decide how long keep the trophy for, one idea is to sell it next year and get a VX220 Turbo again, if i can afford. Or keep the clio for a long time or maybe for ever, i sold my old 106GTI after about 18 months and regretted it, still see it every now and again and wish id of kept it so thats nagging at me with the clio.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
How are you 19.5 and able to afford and insure a 200 on your own?!

Finance/Rich daddy/etc;)

No way can someone who's been working for at most 3.5 years afford 15k and 1k insurance on top.

I am jealous though :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Finance/Rich daddy/etc;)

No way can someone who's been working for at most 3.5 years afford 15k and 1k insurance on top.

I am jealous though :(

Like you say, it is easily possible with finance...

Last edited:

AK

M240i
Isn't finance how most have bought there 200's?? So don't seen why it should be any different for Joe 'cause he's young..

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Isn't finance how most have bought there 200's?? So don't seen why it should be any different for Joe 'cause he's young..

Cause it is. I cant think of anyone i know with 15k of disposable income. Suppose its a very nice car for a 19 yo to own?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Done correctly, nothing wrong with finance. Fella I know is running an S500 for £6k a year, it would probably depreciate more than that if he'd bought outright.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Done correctly, nothing wrong with finance. Fella I know is running an S500 for £6k a year, it would probably depreciate more than that if he'd bought outright.

I would have got a 200 on that pcp deal if i wasnt applying for a morgage, i was 300% tempted :(

I wanted to be part of the 'gang' :( Sob sob

Where as now, i'll maybe wait and see what the MK4 is like?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I would have got a 200 on that pcp deal if i wasnt applying for a morgage, i was 300% tempted :(

I wanted to be part of the 'gang' ;) Where as now, i'll maybe wait and see what the MK4 is like?
I'm keen to see what they do for the run-out model. Maybe they'll find some excitement in a drawer at Dieppe.

Civic Type S GT
I dont know wether to run my 182 into the ground, or wait till i'm 25 (next year) and get a diesel, Ibiza Cupra R maybe. Just feels like since owning the 182 its been problem after problem with it.

Yes the 200 is on finance, I don't drink much (lucky if it's once a month as I hate hangovers), don't smoke, don't have any other debts/repayments and still live at home. May as well do it now while I have no real responsibilities.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yes the 200 is on finance, I don't drink much (lucky if it's once a month as I hate hangovers), don't smoke, don't have any other debts/repayments and still live at home. May as well do it now while I have no real responsibilities.

Exactly, when you have a mortgage and stuff you might have to sacrifice on the car front!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Couldn't agree more with JCC - do it whilst you can matey.

I wish I had the inclination to get a car on finance but other priorities exist now. Tempted to get something new / nearly new on some sort of finance this time next year when the benefit of warranty would be good.

320d
200's arnt even that expensive. £199 a month and a £999 down i'd have one tomorrow if I wasn't going to uni. Loads of <21 year old people have £199 a month cars.

53 Clio's & counting
I did have a funny 5 mins about selling it, but unless someone makes me a stupid offer, I cant see me ever selling it.

Iv had it for near 4 years, iv done a good 40,000 + miles in it, I know every single inch of the car ,whats been replaced, what needs replacing, etc.

I want another toy, which will be coming soon, but the Clio is staying.

Its not that it means so much il throw every penny at it, though it does means a lot to me, its more that I cannot get anything else for the money that does what it does.

And makes such a noise :D

I'll be keeping mine for 16 days :(
I'm moving overseas so if it isn't sold by then, it'll go back to my parents as a runaround until it sells!
After having a good drive in it tonight, I'd happily keep it for years :)

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
Can't see myself selling mine ever unless someone made me an offer i couldn't resist.

Just about to order an exhaust as well so i want to enjoy it more.

So to summaries it's not going anywhere.

clio sport f1 r27
What I did jcc but after 6 cars and saying I'll move out soon lol I did but u learn not to throw cash away and wonder what u did with ur cash but I'm i'n much same predicament as everyone else what next this is longest iv owned 2.5 yr and is the r27 sold before and regretted it so might hold on for once !

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
I'll keep the 197 untill I can afford a new FRS. I suppose 24months or so, then my insurance will come down when I hit 25 I HOPE! Although I do keep thinking of moving house into something bigger, too many things and definately not enough money!

Glacier White Clio 197
Not sure on the 197, I'm only 20 now so I'm going to keep it for a few years. Might eventually turn it into a track car.