ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how low can i go suspension advice

ok ive got a mk1 clio on a j plate.

gonna deck it next week and need to know how low it will go.

the lowest front springs i can get is 55mm drop which i think will be sufficient. im on 15 inch rims so how low can it go without having archwork done? can i deck it 55mm and get away with a few bits in the arches trimmed?

also at the back how many notches to i wanna drop it to match the front if i do it 55m.

is there a certain mm drop per notch?

answers to any of the above would be great please

thx in advance
matt

55mm drop will be fine, taking my car as an example you will have to remove nothing on the arches.

Id say drop the rear 60mm (as Im lead to believe thats what mine is). It keeps the front lower than the back (just), as this is important for handling, as it slightly loads weight onto the front wheels.

Look in the thread "Pics of Clios" in General Clio Chat forum for a pic of mine (parked with two others...)

Hope that helped.

drop it on its arse!

mines not a valver and Im running spax non-adjustables all round...Ive got a drop of 60mm on the front and 75 arse chaffin mm at the back....no arch mods have been done and after the tyres rubbed away the corner of the bumper (caught a little bit over bumps) it doesnt catch unless I go over a really big bump even with FIVE people in the car!

go for it!

David