ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low can I go

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I posted a question yesterday about lowering my RT. Now Ive got the problem of how much to lower it.
How much can you realistically lower the torsion beams, as I see these as the potential stumbling block. I read that if you lower them by more than 35mm you have to make an adjustment to the rear brakes, or is this just on 16v.

Cheers!

the compensator valve is just on the 16V clios as we dont have rear discs. i have my car lowered 55mm front and around 75-80mm rear, dunno how may splines, jut get them to level it out. its on 195/50/15 whells so, if you get 45 profile, it will not rub at all, mine doesnt, except on fast, bumpy right handers.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

How easy is it to do the torsion bars yourself. Is is loads of aggro or is it relatively easy?

Rick

well,personally,i dont think its worth the aggro doin it yourself. If you dont have the tools, especially a slide hammer. Then dont bother,it aint difficult, but its easier and faster to let a garage do it, and if anything goes wong,then you can blame them.....oh, and is its never been done, and their rusty, they will take forever to bash out.