ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how low to go??

Clio 1.2 authentique
Away to lower my clio in the next few weeks, looking to see whats the best look and how many mm its been lowered. Any idea's guys.

SQ5
How many mm drop have you got on your profile pic?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433269563.733251.jpg

I have no idea, it's about 100mm all around.

@DannyR

I'm interested too as I'm looking at raising the suspension to eliminate rubbing on tight corners

You've got a ph2 so you need to remove arches and move the bumper brackets out the way, I only had a slight rubbing issue with the driveshaft and chassis but on track and one very hard left bend.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Interesting as thought the brackets had been moved for some reason. Need to check it properly as I do like the way it sits and handles. The rubbing never happened with the previous 195 tyres, running 205 now. As you can hear in the video it's oretty annoying

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The only thing it can be without double checking the bumper brackets and removing the liners. Or raise it up a touch which was the plan of action Thursday along with throwing some camber bolts in and getting it tracked over in sunny liverpool. My plans rarely happen lol

Clio 2.0 16v 182
I got 30/20mm front/rear spacers on my 1.2 phase 2.

60mm lowering springs bring the arch 10mm away from touching. Which is not a problem if you roll the arches back. My springs were just under £120 new. Can't remember the brand but they were well known and reputable (a must with suspension). Don't know if this helps

Clio 1.2 authentique
I got 30/20mm front/rear spacers on my 1.2 phase 2.

60mm lowering springs bring the arch 10mm away from touching. Which is not a problem if you roll the arches back. My springs were just under £120 new. Can't remember the brand but they were well known and reputable (a must with suspension). Don't know if this helps

Yeah mate that helps also thanks. Looking to get 15's on also so wont be going too low. How does the 30/20mm look mate?

Clio 2.0 16v 182
30/20 isn't to everyone's tastes. I have 182 alloys and they're dead flush with the arch (width that is) but not poking out. I like it, gives a meaner looking stance and handling is improved. I did have to roll the arche liners back to the chassis on the front as 30mm spacing does increase the reach of the wheels.