ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low

clio 172 Phase 1
How low can you go with 17/40/205 's fitted on a 172 mk1

I am in the process of getting some new alloys would you guys stick to the 16" rims (although these are hard to find i have noticed) or go for the 17"

If i do go to the 17" can i get away with lowering 25-30mm without modding the arches ?

thanks

ps some tips on which alloys and suspension to get would be good thanks

1.6 focus zetec....
Offset being how far away from the hub the wheel is i believe so you can get a 35 offset so its 35mm away or a 40 offset...i think thats it anywayz. Someone should correct me if im wrong...I know ive got a set of 17s with an offset of 40 and fred told me i can go 85mm without any arch work, thats on a 2001 1.2

Kiza

clio 172 Phase 1
thanks for the answers ... but for my other question would you stick to the 16's or go to 17's ? thanks

clio 172 Phase 1
thedoc said:
where's hiatch when you need him...
I'll quote him... 16's for go - 17's for show.

thanks I am more of a go man ..so now all i need to find is a nice set of 16's not many do them , any suggestions ?