ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How low?

clio 182 black /gold
Do you let your fuel tank go? I have just put computer on and it says 2L oops. It is a few miles to the station lol

lmao, mine never read below 5 litres, although when I was running upto the handing it over as a partexchange I put 5 litres in and when i checked the computer it still said i only had 5 litres :S

LY V6 with Recaros
I try to fill up before the light comes on, but sometimes I get stuck and am driving for ages with the light on, it seems to last quite a while!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I try not to let mine get below 1/4 of a tank. It makes her abit sluggish for some reason, so I try my best not to let it get any lower.

DynamiqueDebz said:
I try not to let mine get below 1/4 of a tank. It makes her abit sluggish for some reason, so I try my best not to let it get any lower.
I found that aswell, tended to be bout 1/8th a tank tho, performance just dropped away, tho my clio was in serious need of a service so i always put it down to that.

BMW M135i
My old 1.2 used to do that when the light came on, would feel a bit more sluggish than normal.
Current one just gets quicker as it sheds the weight, currently on 63 miles to go and its flying. (as much as it can :p)

andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i dont let mine go below 50miles on the comp as i dont wana pick up all the s**t from the bottom of the tank

i let the petrol light come on, then drive another 10 miles or so, so probably about 20 miles left in the tank lol

RB 200 Cup!
Jonas7 said:
i let the petrol light come on, then drive another 10 miles or so, so probably about 20 miles left in the tank lol
Ditto unless i cant get to petrol station then maybe run another 10 miles:S

I let it get to about half usually then fill it up I've only ever seen th light once and that was litrally as I pulled into the petrol station.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 330d
andy_con said:
i dont let mine go below 50miles on the comp as i dont wana pick up all the sh*t from the bottom of the tank
isn't that what the fuel filter is for?

I've ran mine with the petrol light on for about 30 miles!

Saxo VTS
andy_con said:
i dont let mine go below 50miles on the comp as i dont wana pick up all the sh*t from the bottom of the tank
Lol....

Usualy fill up when the light is on, or maybe a bit before.

172 Cup
I've not yet seen the light come on since I've had the car. I've ran out of petrol before in my old car, and I was left thinking, why the f**k did I not just fill the damn thing up yesterday.

So now I fill up before it hits the bottom mark. Plus as stated before, I don't wanna pick up the s**t from the bottom of the tank.

The s**t at the bottom of the tank is a myth. Do you think the s**t in your tank is currently floating? The crap is already at the bottom the tank, which is where the feed is taken from anyway surely? As clart said, there's also a fuel filter :)

I always try to run mine on as little as possible to keep the weight down. I only fill it up when I'm going on a mototrway drive.

Citigo
100 miles indicated on the computer is usually my fill up point, the needle is usually as good as at the bottom by that point. Never seen a petrol warning light in my life.