ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low?

clio 182 black /gold
Do you let your fuel tank go? I have just put computer on and it says 2L oops. It is a few miles to the station lol

lmao, mine never read below 5 litres, although when I was running upto the handing it over as a partexchange I put 5 litres in and when i checked the computer it still said i only had 5 litres :S

LY V6 with Recaros
I try to fill up before the light comes on, but sometimes I get stuck and am driving for ages with the light on, it seems to last quite a while!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I try not to let mine get below 1/4 of a tank. It makes her abit sluggish for some reason, so I try my best not to let it get any lower.

DynamiqueDebz said:
I try not to let mine get below 1/4 of a tank. It makes her abit sluggish for some reason, so I try my best not to let it get any lower.

I found that aswell, tended to be bout 1/8th a tank tho, performance just dropped away, tho my clio was in serious need of a service so i always put it down to that.

BMW M135i
My old 1.2 used to do that when the light came on, would feel a bit more sluggish than normal.
Current one just gets quicker as it sheds the weight, currently on 63 miles to go and its flying. (as much as it can :p)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i dont let mine go below 50miles on the comp as i dont wana pick up all the s**t from the bottom of the tank

i let the petrol light come on, then drive another 10 miles or so, so probably about 20 miles left in the tank lol

RB 200 Cup!
Jonas7 said:
i let the petrol light come on, then drive another 10 miles or so, so probably about 20 miles left in the tank lol

Ditto unless i cant get to petrol station then maybe run another 10 miles:S

I let it get to about half usually then fill it up I've only ever seen th light once and that was litrally as I pulled into the petrol station.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
andy_con said:
i dont let mine go below 50miles on the comp as i dont wana pick up all the sh*t from the bottom of the tank

isn't that what the fuel filter is for?

I've ran mine with the petrol light on for about 30 miles!

Saxo VTS
andy_con said:
i dont let mine go below 50miles on the comp as i dont wana pick up all the sh*t from the bottom of the tank

Lol....

Usualy fill up when the light is on, or maybe a bit before.

172 Cup
I've not yet seen the light come on since I've had the car. I've ran out of petrol before in my old car, and I was left thinking, why the f**k did I not just fill the damn thing up yesterday.

So now I fill up before it hits the bottom mark. Plus as stated before, I don't wanna pick up the s**t from the bottom of the tank.

The s**t at the bottom of the tank is a myth. Do you think the s**t in your tank is currently floating? The crap is already at the bottom the tank, which is where the feed is taken from anyway surely? As clart said, there's also a fuel filter :)

I always try to run mine on as little as possible to keep the weight down. I only fill it up when I'm going on a mototrway drive.

100 miles indicated on the computer is usually my fill up point, the needle is usually as good as at the bottom by that point. Never seen a petrol warning light in my life.