ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many cup owners are out there

All cup owners

How many cup owners are out there? (Renault clio 172 rs cups that is- not any other cup!). Might be interesting to find out??

Just say date registered/purchased, location, age, ins. cost etc.

I bought mine 01/04/03. Live in Somerset, i am 34 and ins is £600 fully comp with 4yrs protected. Done 4000 miles.

Cheers

LY R27

Hi,

Bought mine on 01/02/03, live in Newcastle, I am 21 and my ins is £1400 fully comp with 0 bonus. Done 4302 miles.

hey, bought mine early november 00, live in South East London and canterbury week in and out, Just turned 21, insurance £1340 Fully/C with 1 yr ncb and 1 crash. Done nearly 7k

LY R27

Dannyboy,

If you have just turned 21 how did you get insurance on your cup in November, as you have to be at least 21 to drive the cup (LAW!) :confused:

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 15 April 2003

Dannyboy,

If you have just turned 21 how did you get insurance on your cup in November, as you have to be at least 21 to drive the cup (LAW!)
Why do you have to be at least 21 to drive the Cup??? Are you in another country or on about the uk????

Had mine new since 4th March 03 done 1600 miles. Live south Manchester 29 years old fully comp insurance £600.

Regs

BMW X5, Exige 260.

Got mine last Friday, im 35, done 850 miles, live south east london, insurance £1000 due to only 2 yrs no claims and london street parked. Previos cars in order recent to first,

merc e300td

integrale evo2 + punto td

integrale evo1

pug gti 1.9 (two in a row)

put 540 miles on her yesterday alone with a round trip to Yorkshire moors on business, used the full rev range for the first time, she certainly goes when asked.

Now its time for Scooby and TT baiting...... hehehe...!

got mine about a month ago, only done 1600 miles as for insurance, well! ive got banned last year for speeding!! luckily my company covers my insurance for me as i have to use it for work!!

good hey!!

Why do you have to be 21? I know lad who is 20 who drives a brand new M3! His name on the log book and insured in his name!

Nissan R35 GT-R

I got mine on 26/09/2002 (was the 7th order placed). Live in Croydon, Im 20 and pay £1600 with 2 years NCB. Done about 5000 miles and only 1 modification, but its a good one!

Nottingham 10/10/02 Lease Car through work £830: 5 years no Claim

7800 miles and countiing

But just ordered one for myself, still waiting though, but only ordered it last week. Hope insurance will go down, (with Tesco) alot of insurance compaines wouldnt insure me due to it being a lease car.

Ordered mine on 16/06/02 and finally got it on 10/10/02.

Done 4030 miles, garaged, 28 insurance with Tesco 515 pounds but due to go down to about 480 pounds, live in sussex.

Waiting for the seats (if they ever get launched) and will buy the ECU when I can afford it.

How about setting up our own register??????????

Got my Cup on 2nd November 02

Done 6500 miles now. Pay £800 with Renault 26 from Staffs

Got smoked side repeaters

Apex -40mm lowering springs

17" Speedline Turinis

Cobra Monaco bucket seats and Sparco 3 point harnesses

Focal 136V components

Nacamichi CD-45z CD player

Rear seats etc removed for ice install.

Powerflow race spec 2.25" exhaust coming soon.

Probably one of the first to get one in the Country ordered in August and received it on the 25 Sept 02!

Insurance is 1000 approx with o ncb! Im 25 and live in rural North Yorkshire! The bad side is I love it so much ive done 8500k!

Trophy

Got mine on 18/12/02
Live in Hinckley, Leics
25 going on 16
£660 FC with 7 years protected NCB (Elephant)
Done 2,200 miles

Mat.

Had mine new since 10th November 02 done 5500 miles. Live in Falkirk, scotland! 26 years old fully comp,2yrs NCB insurance £645.

Ordered mine last Saturday.

I live in Bucks, and Im 26 years old.

Direct line have given me the best quote which is about £750 for 5 years no claims.

Ordered mine on the 2nd of July 2002, day after ordering started! Picked it up late September time after a few weeks delays. Am 22, live in Oxford and have done 9000 miles. Was going to sell it but changed my mind after having no decent offers and failing to find anything as fun!

Getting my toy Friday (y), Errm 39 (and fighting fit.. for that mid-life crisis?). London, £650 with direct Line 5+ year NCD. Mods aleady booked over the next few months. Mwahhahahahahaaaa

Megane R26

Hi,

Ordered mine on 6th June 2002, finally arrived Sept 20th (ish)!!! Wot a long long wait that was!!

26, Swansea, £620 FC Full NC/Protected

Ordered on 02/07/02 and pciked up on 21/09/02 was one of the first in the country.

Bought from Aylesbury, Im 28 & insurance for me & girlfriend is £750 4yrs protected bonus..

Have done 8500 miles

My car feels rather slowish now or I have got use to the power. Need mods urgently!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 15 April 2003

Hi,

Bought mine on 01/02/03, live in Newcastle, I am 21 and my ins is £1400 fully comp with 0 bonus. Done 4302 miles.
Did you get yours from Benfield Scotswood Rd by any chance??

:confused: I am planning on getting a clio cup what sort of things can you tell me about it ie:price range ,engin size ect cause my ecort is sh#@

Picked Her up on the 22-11-02. 700 insurance, done 3000 miles. Bought the car for my wife, shes 30 but hardly gets to drive it. Any of you guys from the west mids, Im from wolverhampton and have only seen one other Cup around here.

ordered mine in june 2002 and picked it up on 16/9/02 , have covered 9600 miles. Im 29 and insurance is £800 , and i still cannot stop smilling everytime i drive it.