ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many people have had clutch go on a 1*2

Astra (H) VXR
Just wondering how many have had problems with them?

Not sure if mine Is showing signs of wear now.. Struggled to get a gear yesterday and reversing up a hill earlier plenty of revs car would barely move!

Only indication just not sure how reliable they are.. It's hit 100k and from what I can tell with service history and receipts it's still on original one

Megane r26
Never heard of them being replaced a lot, probably down to the fact the engine doesn't produce great amounts of torque.

Mines done 88 and still feels positive.

330i. E30 Touring.
Strongest part of the car I'd say.

100% dependant on how it's been treated.

Dave's old Trophy was on the original clutch at 186k.

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah. I've seen a couple of release bearings go over the years.

Might as well do the clutch as well while you're there though.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Mines on 96k and still on original clutch as far as I know. No signs of problems with it yet, although when it gets the new engine I'm sending the Gripper off for upkeep so I'll whack a new clutch in then, would be rude not to.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is on 87k, did the clutch as the box was off and I was doing other bits to the car but it has a fair bit of life left in it.

Astra (H) VXR
Sounds promising.. Will see how it goes over next few days if its going sure it will become apparent soon.. Thanks

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
102k on mine still original as far as I know, I changed the engine in my car a month before I bought it and tried to talk my mate into fitting a new clutch but he didn't want to spend the cash, wish I had just paid for it myself now haha

Astra (H) VXR
Struggled for a gear again this morning but it certainly isn't sleeping... Wonder if release bearing is being a bit funny every now and then

monaco 172
Changed my clutch at 85k because the bearing was a bit whiney , when I got it all apart the clutch looked to have nearly as much meat on it as the new one.

New one is a lot easier to press though.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
get a light wheel flywheel at the same time from k-tec they are cheaper the oem and 5kg lighter! will do when mine goes...