ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HOw many times do u wash ur car a week?

Skoda Fabia vRS
i wash mine once, i can only find the time to do it once a week i work 6 days a week sometimes and the weather decides when i can wash

Lee

BMW M2C
I always try and do mine each weekend, especially as I do at least 250 miles a week. Unfortunatly it's had to go 3 weeks without being doing and I've done a lot of miles too so it looks like sh*t.

Luckily it's getting a full going over on Saturday and even getting PC'd.:approve:

Full Fat 182
Once a week everyweek, but sometimes a quick wash midweek to keep it looking spot on.

I've found the effort i put in for the past two months, whereby i did the full shabang, applying 3 coats of sealant and then a coat of wax every week after a wash for a month, has paid dividends as one good wash a week and it looks perfect.

Its all in the prep, sure Rich will back me up on that.

And for those who cant justify the need for buying a PC to do once maybe twice a year, the result i have got from applying everything by hand are, IMHO, excellent. Technique is the key not just having all the expensive goodies...

AceJon

Clio Dynamique
Once a week if I can, but sometimes if the weather is bad it gets left a bit longer. At the moment its been a few weeks but as soon as it rains it gets covered in s**t from country roads. Might have to go for the dirty rally car look at fcs!

Focus ST
Once a week, with the occasional midweek wash if I'm lookin to impress.
Which never happens often enough. LOL!! :cool:

106 GTi
Ali said:
Yes...but you only drive it once a month....Therefore by Ali's Law or physics that = the same as cleaning it every day!

PMSL @ Ali's Law of Physics,

Ok busted, when I drive it, I wash it after!

T

the_devil

i wash mine once a week with a coat of wax on top of my diamond bright and lifeshined paint work.

I know someone who washes and waxes his car everyday! he does work at a valet company so it is when he is quiet.

RS Megane DCi 175
About 2-3 times a month for me - it's always pretty clean tbh, but it's normally the wheels that need done first.
Have to admit it's not been washed for about 3weeks now - but it'll be treated to an extra special clean this weekend. ;)

Wash mine every Sunday if the weathers fine. Sometimes do it again sometime mid week if im bored or its got messey lol

Weeman said:
Once since i've had it ( just over a month) Cos i have a girlfriend. LOL ;)

My missus helps me clean mine, quality!

Do mine weekly, usually cover 300-400 miles in a week though so it usually needs it.

My dad got his M reg Laguna 2.0i 16vRXE about 7years ago now and I've washed it everyweek since then, its immaculate, and since I've had mine I've done the same so I would'nt say its over the top, but if you did it more than once a week then yeah it would be ott

RenaultSport Clio 172
Once a week then a full wash polish and wax etc one every two or three. Interior every other wash usually.

Octavia VRS
once every two weeks usually. The missus usually moans if I do it every week

Iain C said:
i used to wash it twice a week!
It was a good stress buster......now its covered in scratches i get stressed washing it

mate I know the feeling!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Weather permiting, every week - if not then no longer than 2 weeks.
Hosepipe ban doesn't help either! but that won't stop me ;)
just waiting for the fine to come through tbh!