ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much are zenon headlamps

just wondewring if anyone knew the price of new zenon lamps and would it be possible to put zenons in the fog lights good/bad idea ??? of my 182 ?

350 to 600 for a ring/hella kit IIRC thats lamps starter packs and adaptor to fit h1/h4/h7 fitment lamps. been ages since i looked tho

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by quickshift on 03 December 2004
sorry griff any idea thou ?????

Expensive mate. Not worth the hassle.

xenons are sopposed to last 5/10 years ish if you look on the sites selling them they will normally tell you the lifespan in thousands of hours running time. tbh i dont think youll find a kit that fits into mk2 clio foglamps as they are an odd bulb hb4/7 IIRC either way i wouldnt bother as its rare you use foglamps and down low they are more likely to get damaged.

Ford Fiesta

any 172 owners had to get their xenon bulbs changed? its a renault job just wondered how much they charge for one bulb and how long it takes?

dk

911 GTS Cab

i enquired about this and the bulb has a 1 year warranty, after that it is a renault fitting and the bulb itself is aroubd £150, not sure about the fitting cost though sorry.

Volvo S60 T5

The bulbs are 150 quid each ! hope mine dont blow!

As to doing a conversion only worthwhile if you have a donor car, to expensive otherwise.

Oh and I can get the hella kits, if anyones interested let me know will need to know what type of bulb you have H1 etc.

Prices from around 300 up.

[Edited by Mike172sport on 03 December 2004 at 7:55pm]

It is not a viable proposition. There are no such things as bulbs per se. (see pevious threads) .

Will cost roughly £800 - £1000 to do. They do give really good light and more cars are now fitted as standard, just do not waste your money on a car that does not have them as standard. All you will do is loose all if not more money.

Polo + Micra

i believe that the lamps in the fog lamps are H1, so youe could retro-fit a xenon lamp and pack to it quite easily.
this would cost around £350 but likely to be illegal:cry:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Fog Light bulbs are H11 not H1, i foudn out after so much effort :S

plus u cant drive rnd with fogs on so not good!

Quote: Originally posted by blaze on 03 December 2004
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">It is not a viable proposition. There are no such things as bulbs per se. (see pevious threads) .<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Will cost roughly £800 - £1000 to do. They do give really good light and more cars are now fitted as standard, just do not waste your money on a car that does not have them as standard. All you will do is loose all if not more money.

the kits start at about 350 not 800 but if you are retrofitting xenons to a car then legally you should be fitting headlamp wash too hence the extra cost