ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much extra bhp?

Renaultsport clio 172 cup
How much extra would i get with a 182 manifold,de-cat,s/s k-tec stealth,itg panel filter and a rs-tuner on my 172 cup?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
10-15bhp depending on how well the engine has been looked after/serviced, wouldnt bother with the 182 manifold for the money + agro fitting, de-cat, matched inlets & good exhaust will be the most noticable gains

James

Renaultsport clio 172 cup
10-15bhp depending on how well the engine has been looked after/serviced, wouldnt bother with the 182 manifold for the money + agro fitting, de-cat, matched inlets & good exhaust will be the most noticable gains

James

Thanks for a sensible reply getting the manifold cheap so should be worth it whats the spec on on your engine?.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
* Acoustic valve removed & up-rated CAF's installed
* Itg pannel filter
* Mathced Inlets, from Angel works
* PTFE Gaskets
* Acoustic valve removed
* Group N re-map
* Gray's 2.5" bore de-cat
* Powerflow 2.5" bore full stainless sytem

Made 184.5bhp @ Fly... 153bhp @ wheels

I would say with your spec above you may touch 180bhp, does depend on what rolling road you use as some are just crowd pleasers.. with the inlets done you should be on 180+ but inlets are more of a torque improver than peak power, very happy with Ben @ Angelworks, done a great job on mine & very quick turn around

S

seanaldo1987

i just had mine on the rollers 2day

193.5bhp @ flywheel
156.3lbft of torque

all i have is a full milltek with decat and pipercross viper with CAF.
have no idea wot it was running standard as i got the exhaust and pipercross before getting it on the rollers

was feeling very torquey on the drive up 2 dashfixer aswell

cams and group n ecu map on there way next week

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The only way to find out what you will gain is by doing a Rolling road fitting the mods then going back to the SAME rolling road and get the same operator and get a second run, it still wont be 100% but will be the best way.

Also use the AT THE WHEEL figure not the FLY figure,

Pepole will quote numbers on here but they are useless, because of the variables. for example at RStuning standard PH1 172 make 160BHP (at fly) yet at motorscope they make 175idh( at fly)

But if you can pick up a 182 manifold cheap it may be a good buy, but some say its not worth it.

S

seanaldo1987

can't remember off the top of my head but think mine was around the 145-149bhp @ wheels. printout is still in the car

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Wheel figure can also differ, single to double rollers... how hard its strapped down, tire pressures etc.

so an accurate loss figure for that particular car is also important.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
* Acoustic valve removed & up-rated CAF's installed
* Itg pannel filter
* Mathced Inlets, from Angel works
* PTFE Gaskets
* Acoustic valve removed
* Group N re-map
* Gray's 2.5" bore de-cat
* Powerflow 2.5" bore full stainless sytem

Made 184.5bhp @ Fly... 153bhp @ wheels

I would say with your spec above you may touch 180bhp, does depend on what rolling road you use as some are just crowd pleasers.. with the inlets done you should be on 180+ but inlets are more of a torque improver than peak power, very happy with Ben @ Angelworks, done a great job on mine & very quick turn around

i just had mine on the rollers 2day

193.5bhp @ flywheel
156.3lbft of torque

all i have is a full milltek with decat and pipercross viper with CAF.
have no idea wot it was running standard as i got the exhaust and pipercross before getting it on the rollers

was feeling very torquey on the drive up 2 dashfixer aswell

cams and group n ecu map on there way next week

can't remember off the top of my head but think mine was around the 145-149bhp @ wheels. printout is still in the car

Point proven u seem to have less power at the wheels than james claims yet you claim more at the Fly :rolleyes:

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
also, binding brakes, wheel bearings, poorly gearbox... all add losses to the power output and if not measured with loss readings are uncomparable

ValverInBits
matched inlets are best best bang for buck on a 1*2 IMO. But the 182 manifold has advantages also. I'm pleased with mine, but I think it could well be the decat that's given most of the gains.