ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much for a conversion

Any ideas from the 1.4rt to a R5GTT

If the engine can be provided (prob bout £500 or less i reckon)

who would be able to do the conversion, how much would it cost, how long would it take, and would it b worth the money?

Just wondering....whether to save up or not!

I was talking to the guys from Torsion Tuning at Southend, who can do the conversion - they had their Clio GTT with them, and... well... ME WANTS!

Dunno their number, I know Rob knows it - He has their sticker in his back window.

Definetly give them a call...

Daz.

i say go for it, the R5 GT turbo engines are as lite as a feather and bloody pokey!, my mates just got one and its sweet, just a shame he cant find the main beam coz wed be tearing up the a418 at 130+mph(he got a hybrid turbo running around the 25 psi mark)

hello all.

I can give you the low down on this I seen 3 of them and been in one. Price wise your looking a 2k for a standard conversion. On top you will need to fine a donour car, and brakes. All in all you can do it for just around the 3k mark. The better donour car you fine the more u get in the conversion.

If you want there number/location then email me on johnst101@hotmail.com

I have have loads of work done there and for once its prefect??

wow 3K is a helluva lot!

Considerin its only gonna be a 1.4!!!

Is it not worth selling it for a 16v, then getting a turbo conv from barryd?

Ive found a donor engine+box on rtoc.co.uk for £500 so thought this was reasonable. so is that like, 1500 for labour and 500 parts or what?

Skoda Fabia vRS

well Hill Power can do a 1.6 megane conversion for £2k......and he will only use an engine thats got 30k or less on the clock

i know its not a GTT but its 2/3rds of the price

I could find you a complete donor R5 turbo for around £500 possibly less, but cant garantee the condition of the engine. But that will give you brakes, loom, intercooler, all the pipe work, drive shafts, turbo, ecu.. etc...

When you buy an engine seperate from the car, its very unlikely to come with a turbo, sometimes wont include the manifolds, definatly not the ecu, so getting a donor car is a must.

Skoda Fabia vRS

ben email me and ill send you some details about the megane conversion

mbrunskill@blueyonder.co.uk

Yes if I was doing the conversion, Id want an entire donor car. If you just went and got engine, turbo and gearbox say (pretending you didnt need any other bits off the R5 say) you can be sure you would be missing some nuts bolts or little things off the engine say for mounting you need etc...

If I was doing a conversion Id get a donor car, get the engine re-condioned while it was out, try to get it as near to new as possible, do any mods to the engine/turbo, then fit...

Well, You need the wireing loom as to try and do the electrics is a nightmare I tried 4 3 months solid.

Also the electronic fuel pump for the tank rather than on the engine. Im not sure if the drive Shafts need changing I think they dont? Im not sure as I took all the running gear from subframe Rear beam & Dash all from one car. There is a place up in blackburn who will do it for about a grand. Most car brekers do 16v for bout 1000. If anyones interested in doing it in the SOuth East I could give you a hand or some advise or show you mine when Ive put it back together as Ive just done a Big End. Should be back this week??? Well I hope SO

Maddeano thats excelent!

a grand is kinda the mark for me! Im in Bromley so thats deffo south east!

Tell me more please please please!

bworley@cwcom.net