ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for polished engine bays!?

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Hi all,
just seen some nice pics of shiney engine bays. Just wondering how much people have paid to get certain parts of the engine bay polished so i know what sort of price I should expect to pay when I visit my local metal polishers,im too lazy to sand for hours and hours. Cheers.

A4 Avant & A3
i started the renault wording on the top of the engine.. looks smooth now, but far from shiny :-( (i get bored easily lol)

R

rich[182]

maybe dumb questions :S but when you replace the fuel rail & inlet do they need new gaskets or is anything else disturbed etc,etc ? Is removal & refitting easy, what kinda places would polish them and how long would they need them for
Cheers

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
rich[182];2102885 said:
maybe dumb questions :S but when you replace the fuel rail & inlet do they need new gaskets or is anything else disturbed etc,etc ? Is removal & refitting easy, what kinda places would polish them and how long would they need them for
Cheers

im sort of in the same boat as you,im not 100% sure but from what iv read if you go to your nearest metal polishers they should do a good job of it

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Its best to use all new gaskets when changing the plenham. Especially the one between the plenham and the throttle box. Dont need any gaskets for Fuel rail gusrd.

It cost me £10 to have my fuel rail guard polished and £30 for the plenham to be done at my local metal finishers. The guy at the metal finishers said it took him just over an hour to do.

Swapping the plenham is relatively easy just dont drop any bolts inth the inlet

Here is a pic of mine. Just need to do the engine mount now

Attachments

• Plenham 1.JPG
    Plenham 1.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 95