ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much for repair?

titanic killer
heres a pic of a scratch in a rear bumper it looks to be down to plastic but cant 100% say as its not my bumper
how much we looking to repair?full bumper respray or cover up??
opinions welcome
thanks
SDC10106.gif

SDC10107.gif

titanic killer
i maybe awt of done this before posting a thread as i just rang my local chipsaway guy and he quoted me £70 for repair
anyone had any experinces with chipsaway?good/bad??

106 GTi
Normally the opposite in my experience all the ones round here are shite ! For a touch more money you while get it done properly by a bodyshop.

Titanium 182
Thats a point is chips away a franchise ? i dont know how they train them but i have heard good and bad experiences with them so luck of the draw i guess.

titanic killer
argggh i guess its hit and miss then?
well when they finish job etc if your not hppy with the result can you say 'a up fella,try again'?lol

106 GTi
argggh i guess its hit and miss then?
well when they finish job etc if your not hppy with the result can you say 'a up fella,try again'?lol

When they finish they tend to leave things even worse than when they started!

God knows what paint they use ? When they made a hash of my old 205 GTi he wiped the paint right off ?!?!?

Titanium 182
God knows what paint they use ? When they made a hash of my old 205 GTi he wiped the paint right off ?!?!?[/quote]

O_O

Oh dear.

EDIT: Quote fail.

titanic killer
God knows what paint they use ? When they made a hash of my old 205 GTi he wiped the paint right off ?!?!?

O_O

Oh dear.

EDIT: Quote fail.[/quote]
lmao:rasp:
now your getting me worried lads
wht would a half decent bodyshop spray it for?

Titanium 182
They would probs respray the whole bumper spesh with it being silver :S

£180-£200 at a guess (for the whole bumper) , bodyshop spraying prices can vary drastically!

Just wet sand it and do it yourself you pussy ;)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
fuk that wouldnt even bother, waste og money, u will forget about it in a week or so

titanic killer
Would be suprised if you payed more than 100 for a bodyshop to do it.
that doesnt sound too bad tbh

They would probs respray the whole bumper spesh with it being silver :S

£180-£200 at a guess (for the whole bumper) , bodyshop spraying prices can vary drastically!

Just wet sand it and do it yourself you pussy ;)
Lol:rasp: if i had the no how(actually Balls)to do it i would
Touch up pen - Wet sand with 3000 grit - Polish with Scratch X
sounds so easy when you put it like that;)

fuk that wouldnt even bother, waste og money, u will forget about it in a week or so
doubt id forget about it mate every time id wash it id look at it and be pissed off

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Wet sand it dude.

Get the proper renault touch up pen, the colour will be spot on. Prep the scratch by rubbing any sharp edges with unigrit, then wipe area with IPA. Allow to dry, then cover with several layers of touch up paint [plenty of time between coats] if necessary until paint is slightly proud of original paint.

Then wet sand back with 2000/ 2500, and finally 3000 unigrit til flush and nice. It will look very flat and matt, but a little of your Menz IP, even by hand will bring back the shine.

Price: about £ 12 tops.;)

titanic killer
do you fancy attempting it with me james?
will be money in it for you! + tea biscuits and subway sarnies obviously

titanic killer
£70 seems a bit steep i payed £100 to get mine fully re-sprayed
i think £70 is the minimum price they charge to set up etc weather its a small scratch or a big one its seems £70 is min
p.s did you recieve ya badges

JMR

RB 182 Cup
do you fancy attempting it with me james?
will be money in it for you! + tea biscuits and subway sarnies obviously

If you have the bumper and touch up next weekend, I can put a little time aside for you mate:D

I practiced wet sanding on the works van;)