ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

Italian 3.2 V6
Re: ***How much is my car worth?***

i forgot to say comes with the private plate also...

thats a very respective offer revels :D

You might not get that much, but ive seen very few decent 172's with the belts done for under £4k.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d

I'm thinking of selling my mint condition 182, both cup packs, silver, 52k, '54 plate, all belts just done, 4 brand new pe2's, new uprated brakes all round, wheels refurbed Any chance of fetching around £6k?

WANTED Arctic 182

^^ I'd say 6K tops! Not many on autotrader are advertised at much more.

Can someone give me a rough guess how much mine is worth?

05 plate 1.4 16v Dynamique - 30,000 miles (ish) - Just about to have the 4 year service. Black - couple of car park marks. Standard apart from 172 wheels and silver bulbs. I'm guessing £3000 to £3500?

on the look out
Re: 182 Prices at the moment selling mine soon HELP NEED ADVICE

£5k is too low. £6k if its had the belts done and it will sell id imagine. Stick it up at £6250 and take £6k..

£7k? LOL!! Is that a joke?

lol, you're just bitter because you spent a fortune and hate to think youve lost out..

LOL! The price has gone up now??!! £7.5k? Are you on crack?!!

Pay for Autotrader @ £7.5k and all you'll get is people phoning to laugh, attempting to knock £2k off or asking you if the price is a typo.

You can say theres one at £x price on AT/PH, but yes, its still there. It hasnt sold.

You can blame this forum as much as you like, but its the truth. The values are dropping like stones and people need to realise that if they want to sell their car. Its not like Clios are the only car to depreciate, everything else is going down too.

AFAIK means As far as I know..

spot on with everything you have said ;)

2002 expression
49000 miles
9 months mot
3 months tax
New tyres
Part service history
Looking around 2000
P

Valuation Please

Insurance Co have just chased me for a valuation on the Cup. Apparently an owners club valuation is acceptable.................

So what do we reckon a 52 Plate 172 Cup is worth if it has:
- Fresh built, as new F4R 736 engine
- Fresh built gearbox
- Rebuilt driveshafts/CV's
- Sachs 'Icarus spec' Clutch
- CAT428's
- Super 2000 Inlet Manifold Setup
- Mapped by Paul at RS Tuning
- Bilstein Coil Overs
- Adjustable Camber
- Brembo Max and CL/PF97 brakes, braided lines etc. etc.
- K-Tec Stealth
- Different linkage setup for reduced shift throw/play.
- Load of other random bits

Pretty much zero KM spec once everything is bolted into it and built/setup by a class winning 24 hour race team!

Shell and interior are standard and fairly tidy. Two trolley dings in the shell and a few stone chips on the nose..... so same as nearly all of them ;-)

I'd quite like to be lazy and just mail them a link to this thread so sensible guesses much appreciated. I was going to tell them £5K - sound about right?

Cheers
M

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53

What would my car be worth. It is a 53 plate 1.2 clio billabong. 59000 miles.

Small dent in the passenger door. Airbag has deployed in passenger seat, seat belt clip is cracked, Airbag + Serv light are lit on dashboard.

Hoping for £2000??

Thanks

Z4
trade in price

I'm totally sick of the clio and I think it's pretty much time to sell up.
In todays market, I think my best option is to trade it in.

It's a 52plate 172 cup, good condition, 52k, fsh.

What do you estimate I'd get on trade in?

BMW 323i Coupe
Re: trade in price

Using What Car Valuation, they say £3,395.

But it would most probably be less. If you've got the patience, have a look at selling it yourself.

Z4

Using What Car Valuation, they say £3,395.

But it would most probably be less. If you've got the patience, have a look at selling it yourself.

I've never gone by those valuations as they're never accurate what so ever.

I wouldn't bother p/x for 3.4 as I bought it for £5200 in August.

I would have thought I'd get 4k for it tbh, may ask around a few garages.

BMW 323i Coupe

I've never gone by those valuations as they're never accurate what so ever.

I wouldn't bother p/x for 3.4 as I bought it for £5200 in August.

I would have thought I'd get 4k for it tbh, may ask around a few garages.

It's not a fool proof valuation, but it's a better valuation than one you could get off the top of your head.

I doubt a garage would pay more than £3k for it.

Z4

It's not a fool proof valuation, but it's a better valuation than one you could get off the top of your head.

I doubt a garage would pay more than £3k for it.

I disagree, but there we go.

I may try selling it privately, but it would save a few headaches doing it px

182 FF

I disagree, but there we go.

I may try selling it privately, but it would save a few headaches doing it px

I agree - a garage 3k.

Sold mine on P/H and it was mint 3.5k, which i think is a fair price in this market, same year, 60k miles

sell it private, then go to the dealers with cash, cash is king!

make the effort, then you dictate terms at the dealers when you buy the replacement, they'll lick yer arse if you have cash in the back sack

182 FF

and don't 4get, garages dress it up, offer you a good p/x but no dicount on the new car.

You go in with cash, then kick em in the nuts with a low offer.

or even better buy private if you know what yer doin

BMW E46 330i Touring

You'll be lucky to get £3k from a garage in the current market, £4k TOPS for a nice Cup at the moment.

Z4

Looks like it will have to be a private sale then.

I'm so pissed it's lost near enough £2000 in 6 months/2000miles!

Renault FTL.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Looks like it will have to be a private sale then.

I'm so pissed it's lost near enough £2000 in 6 months/2000miles!

Renault FTL.

Why is it Renaults fault you paid too much for your car in the first place??

£5200 for a 52 Plate Cup in August was too much money.

WANTED Arctic 182

Didn't want to start a new thread so just wondering if someone could answer this.

I've got 172 alloys on my 1.4 and looking to sell it soon. Would it be better to put the original 15" alloys back on?

They need new tyres but wasn't sure if people/renault will be bothered that it's got different alloys?

Z4

Why is it Renaults fault you paid too much for your car in the first place??

£5200 for a 52 Plate Cup in August was too much money.

Ummm no it wasn't.

I'm not daft, I shopped around until I found a good example for a reasonable price. Mine's mint, with belts changed, I didn't pay over the odds, that's what they were going for.

It's just a shame the market has gone the way it has and my car is apparently worth about the same as I'd spend on a holiday.

I've had a terrible experience with Renault and 100% will never buy anything French again. German or Jap next.

Z4

At the risk of turning this into a pantomime...

it's behind you!

In all seriousness I'm not going to argue, I know for a fact cars sell for more round my area and people will always pay more for a minter. It has full service history with one previous owner (who was a millionaire).

I recon she could go privately for 3800 easily

clio 172

i bought a 172 ph 2 in august 70k miles...£3200. mint cond. it dint av belts done but £450 later it did. 3650 in total. £5200 is too dear!

Z4

i bought a 172 ph 2 in august 70k miles...£3200. mint cond. it dint av belts done but £450 later it did. 3650 in total. £5200 is too dear!

it was on 70k without the belts changed? No wonder it was cheap...

If theyve been changed now then it doesnt matter.

You have strange ideas about how much your car is worth. You'll soon realise when it wont sell..

You might get £4k if you're lucky. But if you want the hassle free option of trading it in, you wont get more than £3k.

Z4

If theyve been changed now then it doesnt matter.

It doesn't matter no, but it does explain why his car was cheaper than mine, it's a stupid comparison. Did his have fsh? one owner? not a mark on the car or wheels? Probably not.

You have strange ideas about how much your car is worth. You'll soon realise when it wont sell..

You might get £4k if you're lucky. But if you want the hassle free option of trading it in, you wont get more than £3k.

Why say that? you just said I may get 4k privately, and I said I think I could sell it for 3.8k. People don't seem to realise that you will always pay more for a minter regardless.

Yeh, you will pay more for a minter. But you can get a mint one for £4k.

I thought you were on about trade-in value of £3.8k