ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

Clio 172
Offside Rear Quarter.jpgNearside Front Wheel Arch.jpgOffside.jpg

There you go. Those are the noticeable dings. There are age related stone chips but that has to be expected.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
IMG_39431_zps13cee55a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Clio 172 2000 x reg in red with 63k on and one owner since 2003 plus renault, very nice car and I am deciding whether to spend some money on it and keep it, little in the way of history and at some point its had paint on the back quarter, some recent bills etc and tax and test till December, drives very well and feels tight

How bad is the paint? Belts done?

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
I've bought a new car, so I need to send my Clio on it's way......

2002 Clio 172 in Monaco Blue.
MoT until 4/2/2015
Tax until 30/11/2014

Bad points are that the nearside rear wheel bearing sounds like it's giving up
The dephaser is rattling.
Patchy Service documented service history
The tracking appears to be out.
The odd car park dings on the body work (few and far between)

What's your views on how to get rid of it? It still drives reasonably well so part of me is reluctant to strip it of all the valuable parts, knowing that someone with enough time and/or money could make use of it.

Has to be at least a grand assuming mileage is right

172 cup
Looking to move my Clio on what's it worth ? I've got a figure In mind but would like other peoples opinions before I put it up forsale

Mot till April 15
tax till November 14
belts etc done by Birchdown In 2011
Whole car de dented an a front end respray because of stone chips
Brand new headlights
koni dampners all round with genuine bumpstops an dust covers
cooksport springs
sabelt wheel immaculate as I keep a Trs cover on it
pioneer Bluetooth hands free stereo
samco induction hose
Full 182 interior
6/7 mm tread tyres/toyo proxes
wheels pro refurbed in silver
Uprated dogbone mount/evol
New style RS badge
since the photos below I've also fitted a fabia splitter
Rolling roaded at 177hp at RS tuning
The cars really tidy an think anyone who came a looked at it would be impressed with its condition
couple of pic
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?748474-Clean-Cup
14420104674_2305c73d46_c.jpg

image by Pearce8, on Flickr

14417884811_cc6a56c830_c.jpg

image by Pearce8, on Flickr

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd start at £2495 and take anything over £22/2300.

Personally, I'd try and sell the 182 interior and fit a cup interior. People that buy cups and trophy's etc are usually really anal.

172 cup
I'd start at £2495 and take anything over £22/2300.

Personally, I'd try and sell the 182 interior and fit a cup interior. People that buy cups and trophy's etc are usually really anal.

That was the plan with the interior to be fair might see what's about

Rb 182
How much is my rb 182 FF worth? 1 months mot and 3 months tax? It needs the following

Price is as follows:
Sump gasket £27
Oil and filter £45
Front shock absorber £48each
Rear shock absorber £43 each.
O/SF driveshaft £172.
Steering rack bushes £59
Brakes all round £250

Once you have done the above this car will be mint!! It's in great shape cambelt has been done 1000miles ago.

58500 miles
fsh

thanks Josh

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
How much is my rb 182 FF worth? 1 months mot and 3 months tax? It needs the following

Price is as follows:
Sump gasket £27
Oil and filter £45
Front shock absorber £48each
Rear shock absorber £43 each.
O/SF driveshaft £172.
Steering rack bushes £59
Brakes all round £250

Once you have done the above this car will be mint!! It's in great shape cambelt has been done 1000miles ago.

58500 miles
fsh

thanks Josh

Personally I'd do them before selling. I wouldn't buy a car that needs work when there's so many others that don't... plus it screams that you've let stuff slip and not bothered maintaining the car properly. I'm not saying that's the case, but just how it can come across.

Renault clio 182
Hi guys first time posting on the form had a 182 cup for 6 years sold it and looking to buy something again ..... ,Irving in Northern Ireland there's not much to buy but I've came clio 172 cup 2003

Reg j111cup
d8802cb1473a3d47c8118b6f0ee81fa4.jpg

1ebfe013e678abf32aec35a5faf89121.jpg

The guy says it needs the wheels sorted and small mark on rear bumper

Is the wee motor worth £2500.....

Thanks guys

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just been to look at a RB 182 with what I believe to be both cup packs. Has the gordini stripes too. Seemed to be completely standard as far as I could see.

82k miles
Belts, dephaser and water pump just changed a few months ago.
Recent MOT with no advisories
Paintwork in good condition. Usual stonechips to front bumper. Missing cup splitter. Clean engine bay (seems well looked after) with engine cover and fuel rail cover in place.
182 wheels in anthracite are needing refurbed. They're not bad, but I'd want them refurbed.
Michelin efficientgrip tyres on the front. I'd estimate half worn.
Sunny (budget?) tyres on the rear, look almost brand new.
Slight rust bubbling on the front of the bonnet.
Interior is in good condition for the age. Not much wear to the drivers seat and it's the half leather seats.
Has cruise control, aircon appears to work.
The little engine management light on the bottom right of the dash started to flash not long after starting the car from cold. Turned car off and on again, light never came back on. Possible problem?)
Seemed a little lumpy when cold but from what I've read this is normal.

Advertised at £2650, guy said the lowest he'd take was £2500. Is this a fair price?

Cheers folks.

Edit: Reg is SB54 FZU if anyone can check any details on the car with that

Last edited:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Hi guys first time posting on the form had a 182 cup for 6 years sold it and looking to buy something again ..... ,Irving in Northern Ireland there's not much to buy but I've came clio 172 cup 2003

Reg j111cup
d8802cb1473a3d47c8118b6f0ee81fa4.jpg

1ebfe013e678abf32aec35a5faf89121.jpg

The guy says it needs the wheels sorted and small mark on rear bumper

Is the wee motor worth £2500.....

Thanks guys
I'd say it looks good for that money

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Just been to look at a RB 182 with what I believe to be both cup packs. Has the gordini stripes too. Seemed to be completely standard as far as I could see.

82k miles
Belts, dephaser and water pump just changed a few months ago.
Recent MOT with no advisories
Paintwork in good condition. Usual stonechips to front bumper. Missing cup splitter. Clean engine bay (seems well looked after) with engine cover and fuel rail cover in place.
182 wheels in anthracite are needing refurbed. They're not bad, but I'd want them refurbed.
Michelin efficientgrip tyres on the front. I'd estimate half worn.
Sunny (budget?) tyres on the rear, look almost brand new.
Slight rust bubbling on the front of the bonnet.
Interior is in good condition for the age. Not much wear to the drivers seat and it's the half leather seats.
Has cruise control, aircon appears to work.
The little engine management light on the bottom right of the dash started to flash not long after starting the car from cold. Turned car off and on again, light never came back on. Possible problem?)
Seemed a little lumpy when cold but from what I've read this is normal.

Advertised at £2650, guy said the lowest he'd take was £2500. Is this a fair price?

Cheers folks.

Edit: Reg is SB54 FZU if anyone can check any details on the car with that
Decent price imo

How much are these worth:

4 x clio trophy turinis in anthracite (2 excellent condition 2 need a refurb)

4 x Falken Ziex ZE-914 205/45/16 V 87 (excellent condition still like new - they've done about 1500 miles! )

ph2 clio sport 172
From what iv seen sell on piston heads/eBay etc I would say your on the money with how much you have it up for. Only thing that would be putting people off is the Cambelt as unfortunately with no proof I would have to get it done immediately for peace of mind. I would say get Cambelt and dephaser done and reflect in price or drop price to £800 as any new owner would be looking at £500 bill on top really. Good look with sale though.

Clio 182
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the amount of tax left on the car when you sell wont matter anymore. With the new system, it means that when you sell your vehicle, you will get a refund on the amount of tax left and the new buyer will have to tax it themselves :)

Hey guys!
after a rough guide price on a clio! - Basically I've recently acquired a 1.2 clio.

1999 on a T Plate,
68K on the clocks
Belts done at 56k (last year)
New clutch going in this weekend (slipping - hence the acquisition)
Red
All good tyres and over all a pretty clean car.
service history with dealer up to 50k ish
2 x remote keys!
MOT till July 2015
Tax till end of Dec

Clio Sport 182
Re: ***How much is my car worth?***

Hi all

I've decided its time to say goodbye to my silver 04 182 but am unsure how much to ask. Could somebody help me? Its been declared SORN for a year so it's untaxed and doesn't have an MOT. It needs new discs and pads (front and back) and also o/s/f botom ball joint.
It's a Cat D having had a bump on the front passenger wing but is all fixed. It's in good condition with fab interior (half leather/half suede) and has only got 87K on the clock. Could anyone please give me some idea of where to start. Thanks x

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
When were the belts done? Does it have both Cup packs?

I'd say roughly... £750 if both no's, £1,000 if one yes, £1,250 if both yes.