ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Hopefully it'll be the last car i need to sell for a while. Ended up selling my wife's C-Max to Evans Halshaw a few days after christmas as well, because i just couldn't be arsed to try and sell it privately, and they offered what i thought was fair money for it.

535d / t5 caravelle
selling a clio like yours should really not have been a ballache, shitboxes are ballaches to move on, not proper cars.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
A lot of scaremongering over belts being overdue, wife's 172 is now about 40,000 miles overdue belts.
Not so much scaremongering as previous experience. The cambelt snapped on my previous 182 after just 20k miles and 2 years. All genuine parts used etc etc. Bad luck maybe but after that horrible feeling when you hear the snapping and scraping noise is one I dont fancy again

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully it'll be the last car i need to sell for a while. Ended up selling my wife's C-Max to Evans Halshaw a few days after christmas as well, because i just couldn't be arsed to try and sell it privately, and they offered what i thought was fair money for it.
What you rolling in now mate? Your 182 looked very nice and an advert like that is THE way to sell a good car to another enthusiast.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
What you rolling in now mate? Your 182 looked very nice and an advert like that is THE way to sell a good car to another enthusiast.

Thanks.... I always end up travelling for miles whenever i buy a car for some reason, so try to answer all the questions i'd want to ask, either before seeing the car or whilst there if I went to view it.

The only issue the guy that viewed the car found was that there was oil around the gearbox.... i can understand this being an issue to some, but every 182 I've owned as had oil around the box to some degree.

I've got a really nice 182 Cup in Racing Blue, that I've had since about April last year. This one will be my long term car, I've switched cars quite a lot over the last couple of years and always come back to a 182 between other cars. This one is the best in terms of condition and the spec is not far off perfect without going silly for an everyday car for me. It's also the best Colour!!!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks.... I always end up travelling for miles whenever i buy a car for some reason, so try to answer all the questions i'd want to ask, either before seeing the car or whilst there if I went to view it.

The only issue the guy that viewed the car found was that there was oil around the gearbox.... i can understand this being an issue to some, but every 182 I've owned as had oil around the box to some degree.

I've got a really nice 182 Cup in Racing Blue, that I've had since about April last year. This one will be my long term car, I've switched cars quite a lot over the last couple of years and always come back to a 182 between other cars. This one is the best in terms of condition and the spec is not far off perfect without going silly for an everyday car for me. It's also the best Colour!!!
? I'd swap mine for a nice LY or PB if I stumbled upon one. The 182 did everything I need it to so can't see me swapping for anything else.

dan's cast offs.
Not so much scaremongering as previous experience. The cambelt snapped on my previous 182 after just 20k miles and 2 years. All genuine parts used etc etc. Bad luck maybe but after that horrible feeling when you hear the snapping and scraping noise is one I dont fancy again

never seen a belt just snap in years, always been caused by something else. don't think i've ever actually seen a snapped belt on any k4m/f4r engine?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Usually the aux that gets too cosy and f***s it ain't it? [emoji28][emoji15]
That's exactly what happened. Well, that's what the mechanic said as he pulled the mangled aux belt out of all the pulleys. Was a sad moment indeed. Apparently it was rubbing against a piece of firewall which does nothing much at all. Except cost me lots of money!

Not my best day! Lol

dan's cast offs.
Usually the aux that gets too cosy and f***s it ain't it? ??

that or one of the odlers falling apart!!!

That's exactly what happened. Well, that's what the mechanic said as he pulled the mangled aux belt out of all the pulleys. Was a sad moment indeed. Apparently it was rubbing against a piece of firewall which does nothing much at all. Except cost me lots of money!

Not my best day! Lol

so aux belt went and jumped timing not belt snapping?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
that or one of the odlers falling apart!!!

so aux belt went and jumped timing not belt snapping?
Not quite. Again I'm not entirely sure. Basically the aux belt snapped and was flapping around in the engine bay. Think drunk people fighting. It upper cut the cambelt a few times and that was it. Game over. That's the theory anyway! You can imagine my disappointment at it going so soon. Just bad luck I guess!

I really miss my 182! Jelly of all those of you that have theirs!

Land Rover
When l had my Ferrari the belt change interval was 24 months, regardless of mileage.
The cam belts would often be thrown away with less than 500 miles on them, although l did around 2,000 in mine.
It was 20 hours labour and cost around £1500
There was the usual “best to change the water pump”.....at an extra £700
Although there were various threads about it, the fear of an engine failure was too great.
But there was one guy who last changed the cam belt in 1997 which was fourteen years previously and his Mondial QV was still going.
(Belt change on that model was around £700 as the engine was transverse and didn’t need to be removed. On mine the engine had to come out)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
When l had my Ferrari the belt change interval was 24 months, regardless of mileage.
The cam belts would often be thrown away with less than 500 miles on them, although l did around 2,000 in mine.
Although there were various threads about it, the fear of an engine failure was too great.
But there was one guy who last changed the cam belt in 1997 which was fourteen years previously and his Mondial QV was still going.
The fear and scaremongering is just too much for most. £2k doesn't seem to bad when you compare it to the clio belts ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
A crap Clio 1*2 for 1500/2000 that goes dead fast will appeal more to the majority than a cared for 3000 plus one.
(Belt change on that model was around £700 as the engine was transverse and didn’t need to be removed. On mine the engine had to come out)

Worst I have owned a Ferrari post this year

535d / t5 caravelle
i changed the water pump on my ferrari at the same time, peace of mind an all that [emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Iceberg PH1 172
2001 Iceberg 172 Ph1
Full front end suspension refresh and upgrade last month for MOT to cup dampers and springs
New engine mounts x3
New windscreen.
New Rainsports on front (1K ago)
Could do with front bumper respray and a few dings pulling. ( Boot, drivers door)
Wheels need a refurb.
Aux belt 2016
Cambelt 2015.
Evol dogbone
ITG Filter in standard box
Catback exhaust
3rd gear runches.
Interior needs a good valet..
Also Cat D 2010 I believe....

Any guesses?

Iceberg PH1 172
Kudos on a speedy response!
I had 1500 in mind.
I don't want to sell it it. Bit I need a dci kangoo or Clio van for work asap..!!

Iceberg PH1 172
I haven't checked the rear panels. Part of me dates not ,incase I've spent 5k on a first class rust bucket over the last 4 years...

Thanks.

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
Ph2 172 Cup Iceberg Silver 03
Cambelt 2015 @ 72k // Aux belt 2016
Eibach Sportline 30mm lowering springs front & rear
K-Tec Supersport Stealth stainless steel cat back exhaust system
K-Tec carbon fibre front splitter
‘Fatty’ style Ram Air induction filter and ASH intake pipe work.
OMP rear brace bar
Powerflex lower dog bone gearbox mount poly bush/ upper engine top mount/rear exhaust hanger upgrades
No crunches and decent history

Thanks!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
There was a real nice 100k one in here that was at 3k, reckon he got close to that.

I prefer the silver but yeah blue wins. 1500 seems cheap. High miles etc?

clio 172 cup
Clio mk1 - 167k - cambelt/depaser been done, mot'd until nov.

does have advisories for rusty sills on mot history though

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
No it appears to be a standard 182 inferno with leather seats, silver wheels and climate. No options from factory.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Artic 182 ff, 80 000ish miles, 05 plate.

Mods: ktec exhaust & sleeved cat, brembo’s, Cooksports.
Bad points: bodywork has rust spots, usual places filler cap & arches.
Belts due.
Needs tyres.

Rough ideas?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
182 Trophy with 49k, one owner from new but no service history (self serviced) and just failed mot due to emissions - how much do you think?