ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Re: ***How much is my car worth?***

Value please:

52 plate pearl black clio Sport
44k on clock, FSH.
Cambelt just done, Tax and test til xmas...
182 anthracite wheels

bad points: Few scuffs on front and rear bumper...

Id get it up for 4350, take no less than £4200

Clio 182
Another!! What's my car worth??

Chaps,

Just been offered my perfect car, so the Clio has to go!

Only had it about 4 weeks, and it took me 8 to find it!!

2004 172 in Flame
2 owners
Immaculate
FRSH

Completely standard and has had belts and new tyres!

Is it worth £4800 private?

Trade have offered £4500

It's such an original one, I've reluctant to let it go through a dealer!

Inferno 182

Seems like we have outgrown the Clio with a little one on the way :approve:

What should I get for mine?

05 182 with Cup packs
23,000 miles
FSH
MOT due May 2010
Inferno orange
ITG Maxogen
Eibach Prolines
Alloy strut tops
KTR Janspeed exhaust
Group N ECU
Brembo MAX and Pagid Blue front brakes
Perfect interior
Excellent body, no dings or scratches, few stonechips.
3 alloys perfect, one with slight scuffs but spare brand new Anthracite alloy.
Good tyres
Oil change every 6 months with Silkolene.
Never tracked or thrased.
Old photo, looks better now since spring swap, Coloured bullets and detailing

IMG_0907.gif

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet

I'd put it back to standard and you'll make more money. If ya can be bothered. But I would def sell the itg maxogen as there worth abit second hand. good low miles so I'd say with prices rising again I'd say you'd get 6500 for that.

Monaco 172

Advice needed please guys/girls.

2001 - Monaco 172
76,000 miles
FSH
Belts done
MOT - April 10
6 months tax
Eibach sportlines
Anthracite turinis
Ktec decat and Sportex cat back system
Bullets and badges painted to match wheels
Ipod adaptor for radio
Bodywork is perfect, no dings etc.
One very minor stonechip on the bonnet, very hard to notice.

A very good all round car, below average mileage, pulls well in all gears paired with stunning bodywork.

DSCF0923.jpg

Any help much appreciated! :)

E90 320d M Sport
What's my 172 worth?

Hi guys,

I am sad to say I have decided to sell my 172. I have owned it for 4 months and have put 8,000 miles on it so it's time for a diesel.

I am unsure what to put it up for really.

It's a 2002 172, 43k miles, 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, FSH and in mint condition.

It has a couple of extra's :-

RS Tuner, K-Tec Stealth cat back exhaust and a 182 front splitter.

Not sure if it would be best to sell the above seperately?

Any idea's guys?

Thanks.

E90 320d M Sport

Can someone price up my 172 please?

It's a 2002 172, 43k miles, 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, FSH and in mint condition.

It has a couple of extra's :-

RS Tuner, K-Tec Stealth cat back exhaust and a 182 front splitter.

Not sure if it would be best to sell the above seperately?

Any idea's guys?

Thanks.
user_online.gif

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Thoughts/advice on my first car advert please

Not sure if this was the right section but it is a clio so stuck it in here...

2003 Renault Clio Dynamique Billabong Edition
1.5 dci (80bhp)
62,000miles (Will increase slightly as the car is still being used)
Service History
Taxed to 31st May 2010
MOT to 22nd June 2010

This is one of the cheapest cars on the road to run - £35 per year to tax, 50-60mpg around town and even more on long journeys, cheap tyres and parts and only group 4 insurance. The car has 80bhp which is the most desirable version of the 1.5 dci engine.

This is a Limited Edition Billabong Clio which includes the usual Dynamique specification which the extra Billabong badges on the exterior and dash strips, Billabong sill plates and the two tone interior. Usual Dynamique specification includes ‘sportier’ front seats, sunroof, 15 inch alloys, electric windows, electric mirrors, remote central locking, larger rear spoiler and CD player.

The car only has 62,000 miles which is low for the age and the car being diesel. There are only stamps for the first 20,000 miles but there are receipts for work and services done on the car recently. This includes a new timing belt, tensioner, auxiliary belt, water pump and alternator pulley.

The car has been well looked after and is washed and polished 3-4 times per month and hoovered and interior cleaned at least twice a month but there are a few bad points. These include slightly kerbed alloys (previous owner), a small mark on one of the wing mirrors (again previous owner) and the few usual stone chips and small scratches but nothing major.

Contact Steven on 07706874291 at any time or email stevenmc29@hotmail.co.uk. Leave a message if I can’t take the call. No text messages.

£3000ono (may consider part exchange for a 1.0l Lupo or Polo or a Classic 1.0l Mini)

Thats an advert for my car window just. Will adjust it for forums etc

Thanks

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Re: Thoughts/advice on my first car advert please

Oh and I havent looked at prices yet so thats probably going to change. Just put it in there for now. What do people think its worth?

Williams 3

I've no idea what it's worth but I can imagine this thread being moved/removed sometime soon.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI

Im a member. Its going to be posted in the for sale section once its all correct etc

320d

Good advert. However if I where you i'd go for £3500 ono. Albeit the car does have FSH but it has low mileage and has had a lot of work done.

Also it is one of the most economical and cheap to run cars avaiable as you state in your advert.

Which brings my question why swap it for a shitty 1.0 lupo or unreliable old mini. Mini's are awesome but I wouldn't fancy one as my old car.

My question is why change it for a

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI

Advice on both really please.

Insurance sadly. Had an accident last year :(

3500? Really? Thought that was way overpriced but I dont really know tbh

How many owners?

Also you're service history bit is confusing. So it had a history up until 20,000 and you state that you've got some receipts for a "recent" services. If you're trying to be vague about the 42,000 miles you done without servicing the car you're doing well lol

Miles better than most adverts that tend to have one line.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI

Oh I'll have to check the owners. I think I was the third.

But yea the service history...

Its stamped to 20k then there was a couple of receipts for about 40k which I cant find atm which could be a problem. Then my own receipts for 56k to present.

Didnt really know what to put down tbh:eek:

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI

Its a very desirable car with the most desirable engine the dci 80. Look on ebay motors. This for example: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-RENAULT-...ewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3ef9d883fb

If you advertise it at £3500 I would put money on you getting phone calls about it.

Insurance may be a bit more but its so cheap in everything else isn't it? How much is the difference in insurance.

Over 1k:eek: But have a few more insurers to ring so I'll be doing that before I advertise anywhere properly. I'd love to keep the car tbh. The thought of a 1.0l anything makes me want to cry inside but its gona be the most probable outcome.

320d

I'd go for £3500. Whats the worst that can happen. People don't want it. In which case you reduce the price. At the end of the day you have a car people want to buy. If it was a 1.2 16V you would be lucky to get the good side of £2500.

Not a 320d

Ok heres one for you - although it isnt mine.

Clio Dynamique
2005, 33000 miles
Pearl Black
Cars in mint condition and its been owned by a detailing enthusiast.
Full Service History, 3 owners.
Wheels are slightly curbed nothing you wouldnt expect from a 5 year old car.
Tax and MOT Until March 2010
Not been smoked in.

Audi TT

Any ideas on mine please as will be up for sale shortly.

53 (2004) 172 in Iceburg silver
59,000 miles - FSH. I'm the 3rd owner on log book. Technically only second owner though.
Cambelts done in last 12 months at Carlton Garage in Exmouth.
Pro race 1.2's in black gloss
carbon cup splitter
dark rear lights
carbon bonnet
matched inlets from JAM sport.
KTR panel filter
RS-Tuner remapped
Brembo HC discs and DS performance pads
Ktec braided front lines (rear standard)

Have original alloys with no tires which need refurbing
Have original silver bonnet which needs some attention to paintwork
Have original rear lights.

The carbon bonnet on it at the moment has a fault with the lacquer but KTec will be replacing in next couple of weeks so will come with a brand new un-used carbon bonnet.

IMG00050-20090402-1642.gif

Last edited:
  Audi TT

Cheers Boosh. It's weird as book prices are still high. Around £5-6k! :eek:
Realistically I need to get back £4500 for it with what I've spent. Not on mods but the cambelt and brakes etc..
I'd rather sell it as is to someone on here who wants the mods and they can have the OEM alloys and rear lights and bonnet to do with as they wish. Will probably sell the RS Tuner seperate as they still seem to fetch £100 on the for sale items bit.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Id sell it standard-ish if I were you personally. Would put the STD bonnet back on and sell the carbon one. Sell the 172 wheels or the 1.2's - whatever is cheapest to do with biggest return, sell the tinted rear lights...

Advertise it for 4.5k but accept less. Hopefully the money you get from selling mods will still leave you with 4.5k+.

People don't really take into account mods when buying cars. for example if id spent 1k on wheels/IK/whatever for my car - that wouldn't add on an extra 1k to the value of my car unfortunately. You are far better off selling the mods and selling standard as possible.

Audi TT

Oh yeah totally agree with what you're saying. If I put the standard bonnet back on though it's not great and could do with a trip to the bodyshop. The standard rims need a refurb and tires as well so better off leaving the 1.2's on it in which case the black rims don't really sit well on bog standard iceburg where as with the carbon bonnet and darker rear lights and amphasite (;)) diamond it looks like there's a silver on dark theme going on.

I never have much luck or fun selling cars!

Sell me your carbon bonnet ;)

Mods dont really increas value, so id go around £3500, maybe £3800 max.

Be better returning back to standard and selling mods, thats what i would do.

Audi TT

Gstar dose it come with the dog lol

No way. Rox is priceless!

Sell me your carbon bonnet ;)

Mods dont really increas value, so id go around £3500, maybe £3800 max.

Be better returning back to standard and selling mods, thats what i would do.

Well the bonnet may well be up for sale at this rate. PM me Ben.

As for £3500?!? put down the crack pipe. I know cliosport.net prices are always low but when there's people saying a DCi Billabong is worth that much and price guides and insurers are valuing a 2004 172 at £5k I'm not gonna take a hit like that.

TBH its worth what someone else is willing to pay, there is no way its worth £5k though, thats for sure.

You definatley better off if you can, selling mods seperately, then selling the car standard, will make much more money, and open it up to alot more of the market aswell.

YHPM

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)

Gonna put mine up for sale due to new job.

Spec:

1.2 8v mk2 ph1 Clio
73,000 miles, FSH, 3rd owner.
MOT'd for 8 months, tax'd for 3 months.
Timing belt done at 59,000.
Recent service, had new oil sump fitted.
Few dents, bonnet, rear wing and very slight accident damage front headlight and bumper driver's side. Few scrapes as well. Alloys kerbed to kingdom come.
Paintwork has been restored by yours truly so it's not perfect but no visible rust.
No modifications at all. Totally standard all round.

*Rust in pics is now gone

v3o9w2.gif

25s2b6f.jpg

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.

Less than 1k probably mate, my misses part exd hers, very similiar just different colour, less miles and tidyer for 1.5k last month iirc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Magic Jhonson, As a trade in, about £600 if you're lucky.

Private i'd say anything upto £1k.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)

I thought so on the trade in. I bought it for £840, and it didn't have the front damage then or the dent at the rear left side. Apart from that it is in absolutely perfect working condition, serviced twice a year and repaired when needed.