ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much oil??

Hey all..

Cars having an oil change tomorrow and wanted to no if i can get away with a 5L tub (Motul 5W40) as people say it takes 5.1L? Or will i have to buy an extra 1L?

Many thanks

SJ

HBT 172 Cup
5 Litres is fine, after about 5 months (after a bit had burned away) if i parked upwards up a hill the dash would show "OIL LOW", but check the dipstick on level ground still showed above minimum.

I've done about 5.1L this time to stop that happening.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
5 Litres is fine, after about 5 months (after a bit had burned away) if i parked upwards up a hill the dash would show "OIL LOW", but check the dipstick on level ground still showed above minimum.

I've done about 5.1L this time to stop that happening.

There's normally a litre (roughly) between 'L' and 'F' on the dipstick.

Cheers guys.. Much appreciated!

I figured 5L would be fine for now.. Ill buy 1L next month so i can keep an eye on the levels :)

SJ

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers guys.. Much appreciated!

I figured 5L would be fine for now.. Ill buy 1L next month so i can keep an eye on the levels :)

SJ

I wouldn't bother until it actually starts to drop off. If your engine is fine, it shouldn't use any ! My 100k ph1 didn't use any. (I'm presuming this is an F4R ?)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
As TEG says, you'll probably find as you fill the begger back up (don't bung it all in at once) that before you get to the end of the bottle, you'll be at max.

Do you really think you'll get EVERY little bit of oil out of the engine?

IME, you have about 200mm or so left over in the bottle which is ideal for a top up (not that you should need it).