ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much to get my car detailed?

Stripped yozza'd cup
So it's getting towards the time of year when the weather is going to get better etc.... I want to get my car a good detail.

I've never done anything more than wash my car with two buckets and some shampoo so I want to get it professionally detailed and properly sorted.

What sort of price am i looking at? Is there anyone on here that is local and able to do it? If not, I'll join detailing world.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Jack, you are best off trying to get an enthusiast to detail it, as long as they know what they are doing, professional route you'll have a bit more comeback if any probs though.

I'd say £160-£250 for a correction detail from a "detailer" , up to £350 for a crazy perfectionist job.
A keen amateur will probably do it for £100 or so.

Get yourself on DW, I've learnt a lot from the site, and as long as you are sensible with the right kit you can get some fantastic results that would be indistinguishable from a pro.
Getting set up costs a fair old whack, but once you've got the kit, its there til its gone/ knackered I suppose.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've thought about doing that.... I've got a friend who I guess you'd describe as a keen amateur, but he doesn't have everything he needs to do a proper job yet.

Perhaps it's worth me having a go myself..... just a bit worried about fecking it up. I guess things can't go too badly as long as I'm sensible... I'm mechanically capable so I guess i'll be ok.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Depends on what you want doing. I used to charge £100 quid for a days work which was basically about 70% correction.

To do a top job your looking at about 2-3 days, so as said it depends what you're looking for.

Give Dawn a shout though (Magpie_v6)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
With the problem with "giving it a go yourself" is the money that you need to spend.

You can do it cheap if you want but i'd rather pay someone that already had the stuff there unless I really wanted to do it myself and get into detailing, then it becomes an expensive hobbie (if you do it right)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I've had my arsenal of porter cable, transformer, extensions and the rest of the detailing gear about 4 yrs now.
Each time we have a new [used] car it gets a full correction to put it back to showroom condition.
The stuff has more than paid for itself over the time to be fair.

I take the other directors cars home and swap them with mine for the weekend while I detail them. Including their own personal vehicles.
I just end up banging another two days pay on top of the salary every now and then.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
lolz @ JD & Dave cheers boys!

I am In High Wycombe :)

Id happily pay for your services..................................

Detailing obviously. Some gimp cleaned my Pearl black with a scourer pad at some point lol