ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much were your 182’s

how much have people paid and where from for new 182s (ideally with both cup packs)

read on here quite a few people have got F&F discount.. were these from places like dixon or from somewhere else?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

11.602 for Liquid yellow and both cup packs, i got friends and family deal arranged by the sales girl (Amanda Bacon) at my local renault garage

Quote: Originally posted by ihategherkins on 19 June 2005
£12,049 for a 182 titanium with all the packs, not friends or family or import.Neil

From Oxfam?

bubbles.. do you actually have to have friends or family working for renault to get it? or can you blag it?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

GuyS i blagged it.. Amanda asked her next door neighbour to help me.. i didnt know either of them personally, but i think i was lucky and had a very helpful renault garage

a very helpful renault garage

my local is a sh*tty DIXONs one :(

theyve got a 6k miler 182 with cup spoiler pack for like 13k on the forecourt..

bsimmer - did that 10500 include cup packs and metallic paint?

GuyS yes.

The extra £2000 she got off was due to the f&f. she told me that she could have also got me the discount. but i got mine before she told me this.

how great lol

i need someone to be my friend!

i want one for 10.5..

went into my local renault dealer (sh*tty dixon) and they said basic price for new model is 15, 100

i nearly choked..

Quote: Originally posted by GuyS on 19 June 2005

i need someone to be my friend!
i want one for 10.5..

went into my local renault dealer (sh*tty dixon) and they said basic price for new model is 15, 100
You can get second hand ones for £10k and some for even less. Cocopops has sold his for £9.85k I think.

The dealership you went to has obviuosly had a good month so there not doign any deals give a few other places a call. One of my local dealership gave me the £12.5k quote about 9 months ago after they hadnt had the best sales that month. I recon if Id have gone for it I could have had another £250 knocked of that.

ive seen alot of second hand ones for around 9k

its just if i can manage to get a new one for 10.5 like a few seem to have on here.. then obviously il stretch to it and do that..

i just need to find out which dealers im best off trying as dixons are crap..

Sarcasm mate. Some folk are very shrewd and/or very lucky. Some guys seem to be getting a 14.7k car plus 1200k extras for 11k.

For the record, I paid £12,300 for a CUP in November last year. There were better deals to be had then, and a few weeks later prices dropped liked a stone. Some deals Ive seen posted on here though for full-fats have been fantastic.

Then again it is slower ;) ;) ;)

Quote: Originally posted by GuyS on 19 June 2005

whys that??
Depreciation.

A 182 in 3 yrs will be worth about £6k Id guess so your looking at £6k loss maybe more with the new Clio due out by then which will be getting on for 2 yrs old so there will be cheap ones of them for sale.

A £5k 172 your looking at possibly loosing 2.5k. £3.5k is a lot of money difference. Even with say £1k extra repair and service costs thats still £70 or so a month saving.

Picking up a new car with 3 yrs warently is a great feeling but after just a year thinking of the money you loose shocked me.

not if i can manage to get one of those 10.5k deals.

thats the most id stretch to..

i was looking to spend 9k on a second hand one, but if theyre only 10.5 for brand new.. then it may be worth stretching to it and buying brand new..

hence why im asking where and how people have got them for 10.5..

if not then im gonna keep hunting for a second hand one for 9.

No-one buys a new car with depreciation top of the list. All cars lose money, huge chunks of it in the first 3 years, bnd Id imagine most arent available with such good discounts in the first place.

You buy a new car because youre prepared to pay for the privillage of being the only person to have owned it, have the new car smell and the 3 year warranty. Its no more compliacted than that in my mind :)

yeah but looking at it..

i can buy a second hand one for 9-9.5

when some people are saying you can get brand new ones for 10.5...

ive seen some second hand ones go for more than that! so im just trying to find out how and where i can get one for 10.5..

[Edited by GuyS on 20 June 2005 at 7:59am]

there was a second hand one round my area sold for 12.5 the other day and it didnt even have cup pack. was same year as mine as well. just shows some people aint worried about getting a good deal.

Im not intending to insult anyones choice in buying a 182, but just want to point out to GuyS the logic of going for an older car.

I was in a position to comfortably afford a new 182 when I began looking for a small hot hatch to replace my car. I pretty much knew I wanted a hot Mk2 Clio, but wasnt sure whether or not to get a brand new 182.

In the event, I had a good sniff around a 182 at my local Renault dealer - and ascertained that it was pretty much identical to a Ph2 172 as a car to sit in and look at, but obviously with a small boost to the drive. I then looked at what I could get in terms of a Ph2 (02 on) 172.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that sub-3 year old 172s with the balance of the warranty were coming in at under £8,000 (at the start of the year). I found a mint one from a local Cliosporter and am very satisfied. Its pretty much "as new" - I bought it with 19k on the clock for £7,800.

Over the 2 years or so I intend to keep it, I expect the 172 will lose about £2-£2.5k at the most, while a 182 at (lets say) £13k would have lost me about £4-5k. The insurance, servicing and tyre costs are the same really, so Im quids in.

yeah but i definately wouldnt pay 13k for one.......

ive got 9-9.5k to spend on one, so was planning on a second hand one, but just trying to find out about these 10.5k deals people are getting..thats the only way i buy brand new..if i could get one for 10.5.

some second hand ones cost nearly that so it seems logical to stretch to the 10.5 for brand new?...

so if it depriciated to 8k over two years that would mean losing 2.5k...the same as your expecting on the 172..

a second hand silver import on here went for 10k..

see where im coming from??

plus you cant get cup packs on the 172s :( wouldnt want a cup as i want leather and aircon etc.. after having a stripped out track style car i fancy some toys now. he he
and the cups the only 172 that comes in a decent colour..

just rang reg vardy, got quoted 15.5.... LOL told him another dealer offered it for 10.5 with F&F discount.. he didnt seem to have much of a clue about that? but said hed ring me back after doing some checking.

how come people manage to get them for 12.5 without discount? what dealerships have people used to get them for 10.5?

106 GTi

I payed 12.6 for mine without friends and family after showing the salesman a print out of the quote from car select online. After some haggling he agreed, the day I placed the order I then got an email saying it could be done for 11.7 from somewhere else.

I dont think its likely youll find one for £10,500... unless youre very lucky and get F&F somehow. Its most likely that youll find a brand new 182 for about £12,000 at the cheapest (once youve accounted for the road tax etc) from a car supermarket. When I looked in January, I couldnt get one for less than that - and even then, that was without the Cup packs. Im not suggesting its impossible for everyone, but for the average Joe its nigh on so.

The trade value of a 3 year old 182 is predicted to be around the £7k mark, so youd lose about £4-5k over that period. I dont think you can argue on financial grounds that a brand new 182, even discounted, is going to lose you less in depreciation than an older one or a 172.

What you can justify a 182 on is the marginal improvements in handling and poke, coupled with the "newness" factor. You will pay a lot for the privilege though. However, most of the benefits will be present with a car thats 1 year old - and thats what Id suggest you thought about, because finding one at £10,500 is going to be a very long slog.

if the 10.5 aint gonna happen then il just carry on my hunt for a 9-9.5kish second hand one..

just quite gutting knowing that some other lucky persons getting brand new for marginally more £

I paid £12k for my 182 Cup last month. When the salesman first came back with his sheet of paper with what my part ex was worth and how much the Cup would cost me I almost pissed myself. He offered me £9250 for my 1yr old Mini Cooper and wanted almost 15k for the cup as he had added on the price of mats, flaps (classy), supaguard, gap insurance, bla bla. I sold the Mini on eBay, told him to forget about the 1000 quid worth of "extras" he had added to the MRRP and told him I want the car for 12 grand or Ill go elsewhere. Got the car for £12k with mats, yeh maybe I could of got another couple of hundred quid off, but I was happy with 1800 quid off the list price and probably have the only 182 Cup in Portsmouth (although I maybe wrong!).

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 20 June 2005
No-one buys a new car with depreciation top of the list. All cars lose money, huge chunks of it in the first 3 years, bnd Id imagine most arent available with such good discounts in the first place.

You buy a new car because youre prepared to pay for the privillage of being the only person to have owned it, have the new car smell and the 3 year warranty. Its no more compliacted than that in my mind :)

Well said dude, I agree and I am looking at now getting my 182 in sept when the new reg comes out.

BMW 120i Sport

Yeah, thats exactly why i bought a brand new one.

I wanted the warranty, i wanted no MOTs for a couple of years, i wanted the new smell, i wanted for the first time ever to own a brand new car at 23 without anyone else having driven it/smoked in it/ragged the tits off it.

Racin Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Thomss on 20 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 20 June 2005

Well said dude, I agree and I am looking at now getting my 182 in sept when the new reg comes out.
yep, got to agree there.....

Got my Racing Blue 182 with cup packs and CD changer for £12500 last month - its the first brand new car ive had and upto now im f*****g luvin it!!! :)