ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much would you pay??

Rb 182
For a mk2 172 that needs its timing belt done and a service and has a couple of dents in it? Its on 58k

Cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Middo said:
knock 500 quid off list value and your prob about right. what reg is it?

Fair enough , always try and kock down the price . But how can you come to the assumption that he should knock off £500 ? You don't know the price of the vehicle to start with , it might be under priced to begin with . Plus baring in mind that cambelt isn't due to be changed for another 14k i don't really think its a strong bargining tool , imo .

Theres loads of RS's out there mate , if your not happy with the one you've seen walk away and look at some others , there's plenty out there . Check out autotraders website and this will give you a fair idea of the going rate at the moment .

Depends on the price but I'd knock say £350 off the normal price for one which had had the belt done.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Cam belt is due now not in 14k as the age comes first. 5yrs or 72k for the cambelt and normally cost about £500 for service and cambelt at renault but car might be priced accordingly.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
i think the y plate is ph1 isnt it.. i wouldnt pay more than £4 for it simply because i saw a couple of minters for that price.

my flame red ph2 51 plate was 34k miles, wit the 36k service done, wit 2 owners couple of dents and chips. paid £ 5500 and there are some ph1s going for just as much if not more.. took alot of waiting tho.

MRBILLYUK said:
Fair enough , always try and kock down the price . But how can you come to the assumption that he should knock off £500 ? You don't know the price of the vehicle to start with , it might be under priced to begin with

Might want to re-read Middo's post

Middo said:
knock 500 quid off list value and your prob about right. what reg is it?

Chocolate Bar™
thank u :) thats what i meant. If hes priced it accordingly fair enough.

edde - you know i like to haggle so i'd try for the 500 ;)