ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much?

Clio 182 Cup
I bought my 182 Cup car from my mate who is a salesman down renault, he's recently informed me off the records the previous owner superchipped it. My cat has also got a split now too so they where gonna put a new one on for warrenty, but ive asked them to put a de-cat on instead. How much power should my car be pushing with superchip, decat and pipercross filter?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
not really an answer to your question but dont you think it would be better to get the Cat from them as they're alot more expensive than decats (especially new). you can pick up a decat for £45 on ebay. You will need the cat from MOT and when selling the car. I'd guess around 185bhp too, probably being optamistic there too

Clio 182 Cup
the plaus is that i will have the car MOT'ed there so they will put the orignal cat back on for it as it doenst make it fail, it sailed through its MOT last month. so im only going to get a 3BHP gain from filter, superchip and decat??

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
they are 182ps standard if your lucky - which is 180bhp (100ps is approx 99bhp iirc) so if your lucky and have 180bhp to start with then yeah probably about 5bhp. Nothing really from filter just 5bhp from decat and map. These are only approximates but not your going to get great gains from remapping N/A cars

Skoda Fabia vRS
why would they do that, i work at a dealership and a decat would cost them money, the cat they could put through on warranty costing them nothing

doesnt make any sense

Clio 182 Cup
No the exhause it not covered under used car manufactor, same as tyres are not. As im best mates with the sales manager there and i know the owner they are doing me a favour and paying to put a cat on, so i said as it will be cheaper ill be happy with a de-cat. Anyway this discussion is moving away from the orignal post where i asked on the power gain, and people have answered it, so thanks to everyone.