ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How rubbish are 02?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Had nothing but problems with them, now is the final straw so cancelled my contract now.

So whos is good for customers? Vodaphone seem to offer good deals. Want as many texts as poss for £30 a month.

Mk4 .:R32
orange are just as sh*te as o2 tbh, so I'd stay away from them. t mobile have been alright upto now

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
why do you find them sh*t mate? can i ask what happened? im rather annoyed with them right now!

Megane R26
I get 300 mins and 1000 texts on 3 for £30 a month.

I think Orange are the best on text deals, one of the silly animal named tariffs offers unlimited (3000) texts per month for £35 I think.

Most networks are shite these days.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Everytime i've phoned them to upgrade or anything they've always bullsed it up. Had endless phone "battles" with them in the past, this is my most recent, woman on the phone was shocked how long my notes where about me lol.

Don't know if you know about the recent 0845 get out clause? Well i phoned up few months back to do it and switched to a 30 day contract for half the price, thus taking me out of my 12 month contract and into a 30 day one :) So phoned up today stating i wish to upgrade to a new phone and start a new 12 month contract.

But they where under the impression i was still in the 12 month contract and can't upgrade till jan! I even had the emails from them telling me they terminated my 12 month and started a new 30 day.

So when i asked how much i owed and said i'd pay that and then refuse to pay any more and take the action to trading standards they put me on hold and made up some bullshit that a operator had missinformed me and out of good will would let me start a new 12 month contract, but only offered me piss poor phones and no discounts on the line rental.

Was on the phone for 40 mins and spoke to the rather nice operator and 2 "line managers"

titanic killer
Vodaphone should give you 500mins + 500 texts i get that for £30 a month but 18mth contract

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't want 18 months, not waiting that long for a new phone.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've been wth o2 since jan and not had any probs cept the 1st month was 12 days long, really strange but its a pro-rata month till a certain date or something. Didn't know this and ended up using £40 over my pro-rata bundle. Other than this no probs.

Vodafone are good, 18months with them for me and my dad and never a prob.

3 are a joke imho. My mate was having such difficulty cancelling his contract (which you have to do at expiry) and they just kept offering him deals. So i picked up the phone, pretended to be his dad and started shouting at them, then the listened lol stupid call centre in Bangladesh.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
See i've been with 02 since 2003 i think. Everytime i come to upgrade they've cocked up the new contract, and they always send me the shittest phone ever when it comes to upgrade time, so have to send it back then order what i actually want. Bills are never correct, line rental is never what they quote. Cancelled my direct debit with the bank and now pay with my cc every month as have to check it's correct. But untill now they have always offered the best deals.
Staff are always pleasant and the network signal is good and always works though.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've never upgraded, although I've ony had 2 contracts lol but seeing as my contract atm is 12m half price from CPW, I doubt o2 will give me an equally good upgrade deal so back to CPW. Only thing is cant keep num if I take out a new o2 contract.

Vodafone are better reception from my experience.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you upgrade you get far better deals! Free N73 when it come out 500 texts and 500 mins for £25 a month on a 12 month, bargain.

I'll have a look on CPW actually as i'm starting fresh.

clio 172
i cant put you off vodafone enough mate ive had nothing but problems with them and my "free" upgrade with them ended up costing £120!!!! i have just joined 02 and have so far had no problems with them

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If you upgrade you get far better deals! Free N73 when it come out 500 texts and 500 mins for £25 a month on a 12 month, bargain.

I'll have a look on CPW actually as i'm starting fresh.

Try e2save.com mate as well mate.

I'm thinking of getting something like this 800m + 500t for free (after cashback), sell the phone and then buying a smart phone like N800 for £180ish. So only real cost is for phone, so around £15/month (for 12m) minus whatever I get for whatever free phone I get with contract. And then try and sell phone after 12m. Think it'll work?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
b****cks, orange are the best without a shadow of a doubt, can only say good things about them. you speak to an english person in 3 rings what more do you want.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
When i phoned 02 answer instantly and she was very cute english bird lol.

Golf gt tdi
my contracts due this month and i aint got a clue what to do...cancell or upgrade.
they offered me 300 mins and 1000 texts for 35 a month which is utter crap!
i thought they was meant to offer you something good after 18 months?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Put of by the crap redemption thing.

As long as you remember, its all good from CPW and e2save. Never a prob so far with either. Watch the small dodgy sites, they try a fast one.

I'm lucky my dad and I have the same contracts so he always reminds me before the bill needs sending off lol Otherwise I'd make a note on pc desktop and elsewhere to remind myself. You have upto 30 or 60days after you receive the certain bill.

MY10 R35 GTR
neved had a problem with O2. apart from getting sent that crappy k850i las week.

My last fone broke midway through my contract (august) so I just bought one off my mate who got an upgrade and didnt want it. whcih was a w880.

Great wee fone. But i just changed my contract and they've sent me a 6500 classic. Nice fone just a paid to transfer numbers from se to nokia.

contract i've got is 800min 1000txt free calls to any 02 mob and half price international roaming. £35p/m

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
so you didn't upgrade, you bought another contract then swapped the number over?

MY10 R35 GTR
so you didn't upgrade, you bought another contract then swapped the number over?

sorry worded it wrong.
i foned up and said i wanted to leave cos my bills were too high. and they changed the tariff I was on and sent me a new fone. Only had 2 month left of the contract. Its an 18month one but I aint too bothered.

pics any use???

Attachments

• DSC00062.JPG
    DSC00062.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00063.JPG
    DSC00063.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00065.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Lou

TBH I've never had any major problems with o2 in the 6years I've been with them. Only problems I'm having at the moment is I'm on my second K850i which is now faulty and o2 are refusing to swap for a diff handset even though I've only had this second one for a week now, reported it after 4 days and still waiting on reply to my e-mail. Really wish I had my voice back so could phone lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i've been with o2 for year and never had problems. My wife changed to orange a couple of years ago and they were fcuking appaling!

Octavia VRS
TMobile seem to have good offers on just now.

Rollo, I did the same as you with o2 and was disappointed with the customer service. I have a feeling I may have a similar battle on my hands when I come to cancel my 30 day contract.

Revels Mum & Sister
I have been with O2, T-Mobile, Orange, Vodafone and 3 over the years.

To be honest I have never had a problem with any of them. I am currently with T-Mobile as ironically they have the strongest signal sorry the only network with signal in my house LOL

Some people have bad experiences and some dont

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Was with Orange for 14 years but left them because they were becoming "useless" at getting anything right.I was on the top tariff paying £110 a month line rental and when i went to claim on my insurance after my phone got stolen(the first claim in all the time i was with them),they tried to say i didnt have any insurance,after they had given it to me free for paying so much line rental.

Changed to 02 and to be honest,didnt get much problems with them either and they seemed pretty helpful.

Now with T-Mobile as the missus was getting good deals and great service from them.I phoned them up,explained what the mrs was getting and they were more than happy to give me the same deal without an hassle and a phone of my choice because the mrs is a good customer which i thought was great.Had no problems with them up to now and have even had a call to ask if i was happy with the phone and service.

3 is totally crap.My mate owns a phone shop and wont touch them.They give you crap phones,customer support is appalling, and are a nightmare to get rid of,even worse than trying to get AOL from your pc.

Polo Bluemotion
Ive had my number almost 9 years now, and in that time its been on all 4 major networks (before all this "piggy backing" started; virgin,tesco etc etc).
I found t mobile ok,but the after service rubbish, Vodafone very very expensive (my bills broke the £100 mark most months), O2 ok apart from they didnt want to look after loyal customers+at the time orange were offering a good deal. From what my friends say, O2 have improved since i was with them.

Im in my third year with Orange now, and id rate them 7/10 overall. Unfortunately, to get anything done, you have to know how to "work the system". For example, when upgrade time comes,always threaten to leave even if u have no intentions of doing so. The normal operator has no negotiating powers. However the department you get put through to, have loads. They always offer me loads to make me stay, ie>discounted line rental, free stuff like bluetooth headsets etc, thats the normal operators never offer.

Ive just had a problem with them this week too. All the time ive been with Orange, ive had my phone insured,paying my £5 a month. Ive claimed once before, but thats it. At the start of september, i smashed the screen on my fone. So i went to asda and bought a £30 samsung, and have been using that since, because i didnt hav time to sort it out. Recently tho, ive been getting pissed off with having no camera or bluetooth, so i made the decision to finally get it sorted. I foned orange up, and they told me ive violated my terms and conditions, because i didnt notify them within 24hours of damaging it, therefore the normal £15 excess doesnt apply..........it would now be £90!!!! I told him i wasnt paying that, and i wanted to make a complaint. So he put my case to the complaints department, who would contact me within 24 hours. Which they did.

The guy told me, very calmly that my appeal has been rejected, and the £90 excess stilll applies. I went mad, told him how long ive been with them, how much i pay them every month, hw many times iv claimed before+this is how they treat me?!?! The phone went quiet, i heard a lot of button pressing, then he said "on this one ocasion mr o'brien, as a good will gesture, we will completely waiver the charge" so asked him what that ment, and he said i owe them nothing!! So the courier has just dropped my new phone of this morning, and its cost me nothing :)

To sum it up, i believe all the networks are as bad as each other, but up to now, orange have provided a good service for me, not to mention the dolphin 35 package im on, saves me a fortune on txts, lol.

MY10 R35 GTR
Marshallahsram id agree wi you mate. every network is as bad as each other. They'll try get all they can out you and I bet they get what they want from alot of ppl. eg a £90 excess. But when it comes to the possibility of loosing a good customer they all sh!t themselves

over the years I've had orange, t mobile, o2 and voda contracts by far voda were the biggest bunch of t***s going plus cost a fortune, orange were so so, t mobile i had no issue with and o2 who I'm currently with have been great.

Polo Bluemotion
Marshallahsram id agree wi you mate. every network is as bad as each other. They'll try get all they can out you and I bet they get what they want from alot of ppl. eg a £90 excess. But when it comes to the possibility of loosing a good customer they all sh!t themselves

All id say to people, is dont be scared! If your not happy with your network, make your feelings known to them. They should do there upmost to keep u. The mobile communication market is one of the most competitive there is. The networks are always trying to "one up" each other with better and better deals, and pinch customers.

The only thing that really pisses me off about this "cartel" the networks have on us, is the introduction of 18 month contracts!! Were bing forced into them now, if u want the best deals,uv gota go on a n 18 monther!What a load of b****cks. I brought this up in my fone call to orange. They class me as a high user aparantly (1500+txts a month, around 700mins,quite a lot of mms+a lot of international calling(parents live in france,lol) yet they expect my phones to last 18 months!! They struggled lasting 12months before.

Ive even seen orange offering 24 month contracts!! What a joke! What next, a lifetime contract?!!? lol

tiTTy & SV650
Never had any problems with o2 in the last 4 or 5 years. I always get their redemptions number as opposed to upgrades and always get the latest phone for free, always get a discount on my monthly rate too.

Currently on £27.50 a month with a free K850i (which I sold for £237.50) 400 minutes, 1300 texts, unlimited data.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
been with o2 for about 4 years now. thought they were ok until today!!
the lady i spoke to on monday said i could swap my faulty (3rd one, same thing) k810i for a n73, i asked her if possible could it be a black one, as thats a music edition or something. she said yeah we've got loads in stock, i'll make sure its a black one for you.
my phone arrives today...... a silver one, with a f*ckin plum back!!! to top it off, with marks on!! :mad:
so i call up, to see whats happened, only to get some tw&t telling me a should be happy i got a phone replacment at all!! so i ask when i can drop to a lower tariff (to go else where) and he says on your 15th month!! how w&nk is that?? now i know people are goin to say stop whining, but surely if you get told something will be done, it should happen!! my bills are always high as i use my phone a lot, and im on their 'select customer' thing, but thats it, im moving from them at my next possibility!!
absolute w&nk!!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I'm trying to get a group pac code from o2 at the moment. They are a f*king nightmare. We spend best part of £10k per annum and they treat us like this. Just shot themselves in the foot because i wont ever be going back to them! Utter sh*te!