ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how the hell...

renault clio 1.6 rsi
i really wanna get my back seats out but i cant for the life of me figure it out
can any one help
pics would be good
help appreciated
thnx

Simple.

The bit you sit on, simply pulls forward and then out.

The rear, you need to then fold down and undo the torx screw bits. Maybe be still but will come undone.

Simples.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
what are these torx screw things where are they i need pics of what im undoing
also whats the long black thing runing flush along the back of the back seats can i remove it and so on lol
help

You don't need pics dude. It's so simple. Just have a look. And torx screws are a type of screw, just go to halfords and get a torx screw set for it.

And it's an isofix bar. Take it out. Remove the plastic cover, then use a spanner to get the bolts off, make sure you put the bolts back in though. You may need to spray some lube(wd40) etc. up from underneeth to get the bolts out if they are stiff.

Evo 8 MR
Thats the isofix bar which apparently leaves a hole in the chassis when removed, I've not done it myself so I don't know, just going off what I've read.

EDIT: beat me to it lol

1.2 Dynamique
i took the isofix bar off, then undid the screws then either slide the seats backwards (could be forwards tho, cant fully remember sorry) then they should come away from a bolt and can be taken out. then if your permanently removing them, put the isofix bar back in place.
If youve got a haynes manual its in there.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
As said, the bit you sit on folds forwards and you give it a jig and and a pull and the metal brackets will come out of the holes.

The backs need unscrewing. I'm not sure if you HAVE to remove the ISO bar but its far easier. The ISO bar is the black thing behind the seats. Pull the plastic cover off and undo the 2 bolts holding down the metal. I think you should be able to use the wheel brace for this. Then there are two bolts where the seat partition is. One bolt only needs loosening so the metal bracket can slide out but first you have to undo the main bolt next to it. The one nearer the back of the car iirc. This needs a 30 torx or 40 torx screwdriver. Torx is a 6 sided-star like shape, a pack from Halfords is about a tenner. Be careful though. A bit of WD40 on the bolt threads will help. I was too vicious with mine and ended up rounding off the torx threading on the bolt head.

Take your laptop to the car or print off and have a read whilst having a look. All will make sense then.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thats the isofix bar which apparently leaves a hole in the chassis when removed, I've not done it myself so I don't know, just going off what I've read.

EDIT: beat me to it lol

Yeah they do. But I never really though it was an issue. You do head every tiny stone being chucked onto the underside though, but the holes make my KTEC stealth sound even better.

Evo 8 MR
Doesn't it allow road grime into the car and ultimately onto the inside of the rear window?

Good point about the laptop aswell whenever I'm doing something and need help I'm always running up and down the stairs lol.

JKust stick the bolts back in. Leaving a hole is not good. You expose the car to possible rust issues etc. No need to put bar back in though, it's f**king useless. Just bolts.

And dude. Seriously it's so simple and quick. You'll have no trouble.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
No idea on grime getting through onto the rear window, the holes aren't that big.

Yeah bar is useless as Skinny said. You don't need it unless you've got kiddie seats anyway, so no point putting it back if you don't have any seats to put the kiddie seats on. I don't know about the rust issue, but I'd put them back just to quieten the road noise a bit.

fiesta 1.25
Bottem parts obvousily just unclip then the back part is bolted together under the isofix bar which will need to be removed iirc when i did mine i snapped the bolt.

Golf GTD Mk7
i had to use a 18mm socket on mine. The metal bit that's in the boot that is. The two torx bits kept threading. Once thats out it should be easy. The seats are stuck together though, not sure how to seperate them.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I found the iso bar bolts loosened easily, then became tough and difficult to turn. Stopped for a sec and then just put a load of effort in and once it turned a bit, rest was easy.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
im fed up of trying to get the isofix bar out so im just gonna cut a gap big enough to get at the bolts holding the back seat to the car
a guy fitted my tracker the other day and when i asked him he said the bolts are akward to get out coz they are bigger towards the end of the thread for some stupid reason
but i have a way around it now so i aint bothered

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Lol the threads dont get bigger. Theyre just seized on with rust with them being open to the elements under the car.

I managed to get the isofix bolts out by hand but needed an impact gun to remove the large torx bolt in the middle of the rear bench.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
yer but as ive sed i put loads of wd40 on and left it to soak for a bit

ive also tried using a strong-arm for more leverage and nothing they aint budged any more since i started so im just gonna cut a chunk out of the flat part of the isofix bar with my mini angle grinder then i can get to the bracket holding the seats in

Clio
lool, mine came out easy as and its a w-reg. Just use a socket set, I would strongly advise against using a Angle Grinder anywhere near the petrol tank TBH.

PH1 172
Get under the car and put some WD40 on the bottom of the bolts and leave them to soak. Then undo them as far as you can spray some more WD40 and do the bolts back up a bit. Repeat this process being careful not to round the bolt off and the wd40 should get into the thread/hole and help you get them out. Worked a treat for me.

Clio 1.4 16v Dymanique
i dont wanna break it
i just wanna take it out

grow some balls, its such an easy job to do its stupid,

that isofix bar is to screws and it comes straight out, you cant break anything... Yeah, they are tough, but use some muscle and it will undo fine. I didn't need any WD40 and I'm 18! Come on!

Then do what people have said above to remove the seats, geeezus, some people! YOU CANT GO WRONG!

Golf GTD Mk7
the seats aren't bolted down are they? thought once the ISO bar was out the seats would just come out?

Golf GTD Mk7
i didn't need to snap anything to get mine out. They were hooked on to a fake bolt if that makes sense, but nothing else.

Covered in bird s**t
Back seats are easy lol, didn't need any wd40 when I was fitting the RS interior. Fronts tho, different story lol.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
mine was a v reg and i got them out with a 17mm socket and a small ratchet. If you really cant do it get a breaker bar and use wd40.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
well if someone from the north east would help me it would be done by now but its not happenin
ppl are forgetting i wanna keep the seats so when i sell the car they can go back in

Golf GTD Mk7
which bit you struggling with? Have you removed the two brass 18mm (correct me if wrong) bolts from the ISO bar in the boot? If so thats all you need to do. Obviously press the buttons in to fold down the seats, and they should just slide out. You shouldn't have to damage them in any way.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
They are 17mm on the isofix bar iirc and one torx bit, bolt thats holding the rear seats in.

You dont have to break them to get them out. Just undo 3 bolts.

Monaco
poor effort.

i don't think anyone has had more issues than breaking a sweat on removing them. you got arms?

I just used a ratchet with a long spanner hooked on the end of it for some leverage, was a bit of an effort but no real complications, try tightening it back up a few turns and going at it again. it's just the built up rust on the bolt from underneath the car thats struggling to fit through the hole.