ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to change Injectors on 2006 Clio 1.4 MK3?

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Hi all,

Trying to fix an idle misfire issue on my 2006 Clio 1.4 MK3 (its only minor but annoying!) and i have also got powerloss/lag on acceleration and a Random Misfire fault code keeps popping up (but no EML at any point). I have so far changed all 4 sparks and 4 ignition coils and cleaned the throttle body but the problem still persists.

Im now thinking:

Possible vacuum/air leak?
Injector Replacements
Throttle Body Replacement

I can get a second hand working Injector Fuel Rail + 4 Injectors + Wiring Loom, and a second hand working VDO Throttle Body, all in for £56 posted for the lot, so i think im going to try change these anyway.

I know how to replace the throttle body but how do i replace the injectors on this? whats involved? is it simple enough for me to have a go at? Im no mechanic but I am very technical and good with my hands if i get a rough idea on what needs to be done?

All help appreciated!

Mk3 1.4 clio
Hi all,

Trying to fix an idle misfire issue on my 2006 Clio 1.4 MK3 (its only minor but annoying!) and i have also got powerloss/lag on acceleration and a Random Misfire fault code keeps popping up (but no EML at any point). I have so far changed all 4 sparks and 4 ignition coils and cleaned the throttle body but the problem still persists.

Im now thinking:

Possible vacuum/air leak?
Injector Replacements
Throttle Body Replacement

I can get a second hand working Injector Fuel Rail + 4 Injectors + Wiring Loom, and a second hand working VDO Throttle Body, all in for £56 posted for the lot, so i think im going to try change these anyway.

I know how to replace the throttle body but how do i replace the injectors on this? whats involved? is it simple enough for me to have a go at? Im no mechanic but I am very technical and good with my hands if i get a rough idea on what needs to be done?

All help appreciated!

Alright mate I'm having the same problem, changed the coils and the slight misfire is still there. Now looking into injectors and now stuck on removal, testing or replacing them.

twingo
remove the fuse for the fuel pump OR disconnect the fuel pump electrical connector and then run the car until the car cuts out. this will remove any residual fuel in the fuel line going from the pump to the injectors > remove the engine covers etc to get at the fuel rail and it's plain sailing from there. i don't really fancy going into much detail, because if you can't adapt from there then you shouldn't be attempting this job lol.

twingo
for testing the coils, you'll need a diagnostic machine that can show you live data or an old school oscilloscope to monitor the opening and closing of the injectors. you can also test for resistance of the injectors themselves to help diagnose a faulty one.