ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to clean dual optics

Have just done the dual optic light conversion for my ph1 1.2, but im left wondering how i can clean the inside of the headlights and polish them?
how can i get into the casing, as i seem to be making a right hack of it by trying to prise them open?
please help!

I was told that they can be opened by putting them in the over for a bit to melt the sealer, they'll need sealing up again afterwards.
I never tried the oven idea so i don't know if it works. I had a dead spider in the headlight.

LY 172
dont risk putting them in an oven. i tryed it and they got the slighetest bit to hot and the plastic sagged.....

use a hot air gun (on low) or a hair dryer.

clio rs 2000
i have opened mine and painted inside of them black
with hot air and a knife you can open them slowly
after that you can close them using black or colorless silicone

image351e.jpg

i have opened mine and painted inside of them black
with hot air and a knife you can open them slowly
after that you can close them using black or colorless silicone

image351e.jpg
When you sprayed them, which bit did you spray? The insert or the inside of the case?

clio rs 2000
almost 1 year ago .
i use black 500 c spary
i painted not the glass, the inside of the all headlight excluding the mirror of long light
and also take over the park lights to the signal lights