ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to Create an App?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
im sure theres probably already a thread of two on here already regarding this, but i have a good idea for an App, how would one go about making this idea come to life?

thanks

Goliath I
I looked into this before, best bet is to pay someone/company. Not going to be cheap unless you have the knowledge, time and equipment to do it yourself

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Sign up as an Apple Developer, sort out and pay your annual developer subscription, ensure you have a Mac of some sort so that you can 'key' your app's when the time comes to submit them to the Apple Store / iTunes, or whatever. Learn the native development language and start creating that app... simples!

Unless you've got a bit of programming and software development know-how you might struggle a bit or find it expensive by hiring someone else to do it for you.

Clio 1.2 16V
Well you need a Mac to begin with lol. Wouldn't bother paying for the developer subscription unless you have something that is worth releasing, otherwise its just waste, you can still create and test apps without paying it. If you know Objective C then great fire up Xcode and start developing if not, then you'll need a lot of free time to learn the language. Stanford run some great online lectures https://itunes.apple.com/itunes-u/ipad-iphone-application-development/id473757255?mt=10 they helped me a lot. Its pretty easy to get some basic apps working.

Although if you have no programming experience it might be easier to just pay someone to develop it for you, if its worth that much.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
shame, i was hoping someone on here could help.

its only a calculator i want as an app, so put a figure in, it does a calculation and you get the anwser out

Clio 182
shame, i was hoping someone on here could help.

its only a calculator i want as an app, so put a figure in, it does a calculation and you get the anwser out

Dont quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure a £600 phone has a calculator app....

RS6 C7
I use lots of calculation apps for things like postage prices, Gold prices etc.

Pursue it if it's a commonly used equation as they often save people time!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
for people who do the same work as me, which is 1000's in the UK it would be a very useful app.

but general jo wouldnt download it as its of no use to them

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
in an idea world im thinking apples devices, windows and android

hahaha some company just quote me £6500

ive found a freiend who has made an app before who is willing to help, so fingers crossed

oh and the reason i want to start with apple is cos it ties in with my job and me trying to get the office ipads

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
just downloaded mobione, looks an awesome program and simple to use. although no idea how to setup the calculations

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ive just finished creating my first iphone app and need an image to be used as the home screen logo.

the app is going to link to an unmade web site called AC-Transport

anyone come up with any images i could use?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
OMG what a complex and difficult procress

bt im very pleased to have my first iphone app installed and working, next general release