ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to fit shifter brass bushes

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi guys, I bought the bushes from @plees and I just wanted to know how to fit them before I get under the car, if someone could explain like I was 5yo that would be great 😊

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-201934_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-201934_Facebook.jpg
    758.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20220612-201940_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-201940_Facebook.jpg
    653.4 KB · Views: 58
  Clio 172 + Clio200T
Hello mate, fitting them is pretty easy.
You slip under car, detach your exhaust to have room for working.. remove heat shield (easy twisty clips) then you'll have in front of you your lower side of gearshift lever and the shifter bar going to the gearbox.
Remove the 13mm nut and slip out the shifter bar.
At this point you have the bushings in front of you. Remove actual bushings (I used a very sharp flathead screwdriver then some pliers). And then you can press fit the new ones using a m8 bolt with nut and 2 large washerd in this order:
Blot, washer, bushing, lever, bushing, washer , nut.
Carefully turn the nut keeping the bolt still. Especially at beginning take a look on bushings so that they enter the lever straight. Once properly sat down.. tighten the nut/ bolt until fully seated. Then remove bolt and refit all the parts you removed! Very easy!