ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to get content to TV?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
New extension has TV aerial socket on wall, wife now wants different seating layout to one we discussed (FFS now she tells me)
So how do I get signal to TV without trailing cables (not allowed)
Have a selection of power points on different walls in extension.
Have BT infinity unlimited & youview box but these are in the lounge.
Should I be using powerline adapters & an additional youview box?
Have a smart Panny VT TV & can buy another smart tv if needed.
Is there a simpler idea?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
78460930_XS.jpg

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Relocate the TV aerial? I'm asuming it comes in from the outside, if so just put it through the wall in the correct location?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Cheers,
Point on inside wall of ext she wants on outside of original wall.
Flooring/skirting already fixed painted & sealed!

Listerine & Poledo
dang.
I'd suggest trunking....but it looks hideous even in its native office environment

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Run a fresh coax cable from the aerial to the exterior wall. put a hole in the wall, feed the cable through it. Job done.
This is assuming you have an external aerial of course, and not one hidden in the roof/loft

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Or tell the wife to stop f**king about and she's either got to have a cable running round the room or the TV in the original place!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Tell the wife to be grateful she's got an extension and to STFU.

Job done.

Clio Trophy
trunking would be you only real way of keeping it out of sight, if you can not put it behind skirting ect, or get a white cable and some cable tacks, and run it along the top of the skirting ?