ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with TV aeriel and connecting freeview

G51 BEN
Okay bear with me on this one as I am not the best when it comes to cables but I will try my best.
I have just moved into a new house and have a new LG Smart TV with built in Freeview HD. There is a metal conventional aeriel on top of the roof with a coax cable coming down the side of the house. This has been cut part way down the house. There is also a satellite dish on the house, as most of the neighbours have. This has twin cables coming through the wall with I believe an 'F connector' on each? (the screw on types with the copper wire visible).
I plugged one of these into my TV and I can get MOST channels (BBC1, 2, ITV and Channel 4 + ITV2, 4+1 etc) ITV and Channel 4 are HD but the BBC channels aren't and I don't have channel 5.

Oh and by the way I live about 6 miles from Winter Hill where we pick up our TV signal so im sure it is a strong area and my dish is facing the right way.

So I decide to buy a Youview box so I can record and rewind TV and use catch up on demand etc. This doesn't have an F connector fitting in the back, so, I stripped one of the F connector coax cables coming through the wall and fit a standard connector on (IEC I beleive) and plugged it in. This did nothing. I bought a coax lead and lengthened the one from outside that had been cut. This, which is connected to the standard metal aeriel on the roof, worked somewhat although there are no BBC Channels or HD Channels.

Now I am sure most of you will be sitting with your head in your hands calling me a moron and I am sure there is a simple solution to sorting this!!

All I want are channels 1-5 in HD and the standard channels on my Youview box please!!!

Thank you in advance....