ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to increase traction on 172 cup?

Frasers Cup said:
Sorry I was mistaken about the 4th in the dry. Not a chance, only if the road is greasy.

Dude you'd need to be driving through an oil slick with a 100 shot of NOS to get wheelspin in 4th :clown:

BMW 330d :)
^^ Did you miss me saying in the previous post that I said it "might" be the mounts? Geez talk about having a chip on your shoulder.

BMW 330d :)
Dave3141 said:
Mate , my car would kill yours.:rasp: Nothing in the back and a few mods....

oh and less weight would mean less wheelspin, so there...ner ner na ner ner

Eh? decreasing the weight, increases the pwr/weight and if anything would increase wheelspin! Talkin out your crack! ;)

Frasers Cup said:
^^ Did you miss me saying in the previous post that I said it "might" be the mounts? Geez talk about having a chip on your shoulder.

Not at all dude, but you seem to be clinging on to some idea that it's wheelspin. It isn't. Period.

R35 GTR
Frasers Cup said:
Eh? decreasing the weight, increases the pwr/weight and if anything would increase wheelspin! Talkin out your crack! ;)

surely if there is less weight in the rear and the same over the front wheels, means less force required to move car forward...forgive me if I am talking out my arse, i need to get out more.

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
In the dry i never loose traction in 3rd, an i dont loose traction in 2nd either...... How over i did loose traction in 4th a few days ago, but that because it was raining like mad, an i think there was disel on the road or summit :p

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Theres plenty you can do to reduce wheel spin but it will affect the rest of the cars handling - especially round bends. Personally i would try a semi slick road tyre and run it at about 26psi - remember as the tyre becomes warmer the pressure will increase.