ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make your car bleep when locking it?

Clio182 RB Blue
As titled does anyone know how to make your car bleep once or twice when clocking your car, like on some aftermarket alarms?

Thanks

Clio182 RB Blue
It should be possible, just easy when walking away from your car and just hear your car being locked instead of turning round to look at your indicators...

BMW M135i
Can't be done on a 1*2 alarm unless you have one of the very last ones made (ie 55 plate) where they were using the later alarm fitted to the 197, battery on/off quickly to set it.

clio 172 cup
why? just push the button soon as you shut the door unless your one of those plebs who like to walk half way across the car park then push to show everyone they have central locking wwwooooooooo look at me *click* central locking baby thats right!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Quickly Turn the key without starting and back twice, then lock asap, and the alarm will beep 3 times. It disarms the ultrasonics but it will beep!

clio 172 cup
hahaha now i know what ive been doing wrong next time i go to asda im going to walk half way from my car do a james bond roll and pretend my key is a gun *ppeeoowww* and lock my car then bask in the glory as the girls stand in pure awe of my awsomeness

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
For extra awesome point, when too far away for it to lock, hold the fob to your chin and press it again.

Locked.

ANTENA HEAD!!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
All you need to do is wire in a relay to one of the indicators so that if the indicator flashes when the ignition is off it triggers a beeper.

Would effect hazzards too, but you could get round that if it bothered you.

Clio182 RB Blue
All you need to do is wire in a relay to one of the indicators so that if the indicator flashes when the ignition is off it triggers a beeper.

Would effect hazzards too, but you could get round that if it bothered you.
Cheeky question: fancy doing a guide?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not really tbh as its probably only ever going to interest you so not really worth doing a guide for.

Just use the switched side of the relay to connect an indicator live to the beeper. Put the other side of the beeper to earth. Then put the normally closed side of the relay to the ignition and the common to earth.
Then it will beep if the indicators flash and the ignition is off. Ie only for the alarm arming and hazards.

Clio182 RB Blue
Not really tbh as its probably only ever going to interest you so not really worth doing a guide for.

Just use the switched side of the relay to connect an indicator live to the beeper. Put the other side of the beeper to earth. Then put the normally closed side of the relay to the ignition and the common to earth.
Then it will beep if the indicators flash and the ignition is off. Ie only for the alarm arming and hazards.

Okay thanks very much!

So it would probably be a lot less hassle just getting an aftermarket alarm installed. Although it would cost more.

My Clio came with an aftermarket Thatcham 1 alarm with additional sensors fitted. It unlocks like any other Renaultsport Clio but shortly after unlocking, it emits a long beep to show the alarm has de-activated. It locks in the same way (2 short beeps shortly after the two indicator flashes). It works off the original keyfob aswell which is a bonus!

I don't find it annoying at all, if anything the beeps are peace of mind that I've locked it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How to make your car STOP bleeping when locking it?

Any ideas ?

Late 182.

Annoying the f**king f**k out of me already.

Tried the lock/unlock thing .. to stage 1 , 2, ignition etc... not working.

I would RTFM but I don't have one.

Ta

BMW M135i
If it doesn't it when locking, disconnect and reconnect the battery quickly. Should disable it, not i am not joking thats actually how you turn it on/off.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Doesn't that mean something's still open? I always unlock it again and then re-lock, the beep never happens a second time