ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove acoustic valve

I have a 55 plate 1.4 dynamique , I have a k and n filter and have heard by removing the acoustic valve you will get the induction sound, is the a guide on how to do it and will it affect the Car in any way, thanks

FF Clio 182
I have a 55 plate 1.4 dynamique , I have a k and n filter and have heard by removing the acoustic valve you will get the induction sound, is the a guide on how to do it and will it affect the Car in any way, thanks

Pretty sure there is something over in the guide section on how to remove it.

monaco 172
Removing the valve on a sport makes zero increase in sound anyway.

ERM if you want more noise without an ik you could try removing the cold air feed pipes if your air box has them, or drilling some holes in the air box (very much a gypo thing to do but does give noise)

Lol ok I might just buy an ik , whilst on the subject can a ik have a negative affect as a few people have told me the can mess up fuel econamy or make to car run lean, thanks

Clio RS200
Put it this way fella, K&N have been around for quite some time, so I'm sure their kits don't make cars run lean or blow them up in some other fantastic way. Like hipwell said, the induction noise is already there it's just stuck in a sound deadening box. Take the box off take all the sound deadening out, drill some holes in the lid, refit, job done. Proper effective at nil cost. Doesn't matter about it not looking great unless you drive around with the bonnet up.