ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How To Remove Dealership Stickers

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Topic name says it all!

My Clio still has a couple of Dealership stickers on the back window and back side windows.
Any ideas on how to remove them would be great! I hope to start exterior modding this christmas and those stickers are losing me valueble bhp! ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Very quickly...

give the old hairdryer and fingernail a go. Failing that try a window scraper, but not on the back window (heating wires)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Righto!

I thought that would be the best way, was just worried about leaving a sticky residue behind.
As soon as I get home I shall attack the stickers!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

woohoo! Sorted, now im set for it.

One thing though.. good, or bad i dea at removing the renault stickers? The ones that say the car has an alarm and stuff?

Stealth Bomber R26

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 08 December 2003

Very quickly...

give the old hairdryer and fingernail a go. Failing that try a window scraper, but not on the back window (heating wires)
My dealer put one of the nice service reminder stickers in the top right hand corner of my windscreen will the hairdryer aproach work on gettin rid of it cos it seems to be stuck on like s*** to a blanket

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I tend to use the .

"stop sticking bloody service reminders in my car you w**ker"

aprroach to the service people. better to cure than to treat eh ?

go and write my cars coming for a service on .... across there windows, maybe they will take the hint.

the peel off, and nail polish remover is the best thing, or thinners... anything alchohol based cos it will evaporate and not leave any marks.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Well, Im gunna give it ago later on today, hope the cold weather wont cause a problem if i heat up part of the car... :S

megane

as a car valeter we use wat we call blades

but there litterall a BLADE

that u scrap across the window

removes stickers easily

wouldnt do it on me own back window though it takes the heater strips too

if u cant get any thinners use normal window cleaner and a bit of elbow grease that works just as good

andy