ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove tyre pressure sensors?

197 clio cup
does anyone know how to remove tyre pressure sensors from laguna wheels? are they worth anything once they are out?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You have to remove the tyre so not a DIY thing.
Probably not much, they fail often and are £40 new but so temperamental that I can't imagine many people go for 2nd hand ones. If your car has them and they don't work it's now a mot fail apparently.

197 clio cup
I have the tyres off and I am just taking them off a spare set I am refurbishing I don't have a tyre pressure monitoring system on my car just need the valves out

197 clio cup
I have attached the images in
uploadfromtaptalk1442578148256.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1442578153722.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'm surprised you have to ask how that comes off with that glaring nut staring at you!

197 clio cup
Ok just an update on these I got 2, of them out with a knife, piece of wood and a hammer. There was a kind of resin/silicone holding them in got most of it out with the knife and then knocked them out. The 3rs one was much different as is seemed to be glued above and below to seal it on. Long and short of it I drilled it out. All the nuts were glued.