ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How would I do this..

I was thinking of buying 2 10" subs and 1 15" sub

I would like to have some kind of dash mounted switch to flick between the 2 setups depending on if I was listening to dance or hip hop.

I am guessing I would need to have separate amps etc but is this possible and how would I go about doing it?

Cheers

Think remote switches for the amps. The blue wire that comes from the back of the headunit is the remote switch which turns the amps on. You could easily have the blue wire from the headunit spliced turning the 2 amps on and if you only wanted to tun the one amp all youd have to do is brake the circuit which would be best done with a switch.

Sorry about explanation but its hard to explain but very easy to do

hmmm... mixing 2 10" and 15"... dunno how thatll go, could certainly be done with relays...

but unless your an audiophile or into SQL comps, 2 10" Subs will suffice with a good amp.. quick enough response for fast dance beats and enough power from a good amp for deep low hip hop beats

Whatever you do, DO NOT put the 10" & 15"ers in the same install and have them goin at the same time, the frequencies from one sub will cancel out the other, making it sound patchy and s***

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Hmm why exactly do you think it matters what size the sub is?

Hip Hop does not require a 15 inch sub to sound good

the 2 x 10 config or 2 x 8 config is a much better idea.

Dont make life more complex