ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How you get rid of a camera van ?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I don't agree. See more stupid, phone using, coffee drinking retards on the quickest roads (mway).
Average British driver is a r****d. A window licking, dribbling utter mess. It's why they get so annoyed when you beep your horn or flash them. They have zero f**king clue what they've done, because they have zero clue what's going on around them.

I'd get rid of the pts system and replace it with bans. First offence, 1 week. 2nd within 3yrs, 1 month. Fog lights on in clear conditions, sterilisation. Etc. Watch how people suddenly start paying attention when there are real consequences.

Again, you have your opinion and I have mine based on what I see.

I've covered 12k miles in the last four months in Kent and London. What I see is frankly horrendous. Drivers dithering about, middle lane hogging, no indication, pulling out of junctions with absolutely no application of the accelerator.

I've used the m20 for years as an example, since they made it a smart motorway the amount of crashes is unreal. Because all the fucktarts jump on the brakes. And it's made the traffic build up a lot worse.

Now safety related or not, what these safety bods have implemented has actually made things worse.

Why not go after the real issue rather than focussing just on speeding? Well I'd imagine it's because it's a very very easy conviction and a s**t tonne of revenue?

There is far larger issues out there in my opinion and probably many peoples. And approaching those issues would likely make the roads safer than sticking a camera van on every corner.

Start by actually teaching people to drive rather than just to pass a test. Make it relevant, make it work.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Again, you have your opinion and I have mine based on what I see.

I've covered 12k miles in the last four months in Kent and London. What I see is frankly horrendous. Drivers dithering about, middle lane hogging, no indication, pulling out of junctions with absolutely no application of the accelerator.

I've used the m20 for years as an example, since they made it a smart motorway the amount of crashes is unreal. Because all the fucktarts jump on the brakes.

Now safety related or not, what these safety bods have implemented has actually made things worse.

Why not go after the real issue rather than focussing on speeding? Well I'd imagine it's because it's a very very easy conviction and a s**t tonne of revenue.

There is far larger issues out there in my opinion and probably many peoples.
I don't disagree with that. But smart motorways are more about congestion management than safety. I don't think they work in either respect, but hey ho.

Of course there are worse issues. But there's a limited (and dwindling) amount of money. And speeding is an easy one to catch, catching poor driving requires actual officers in traffic cars, highly trained (££) officers, and lots of them.
So they go for what they can. Would the roads be safer without cameras? I think that's a very difficult point to backup.
Are there better ways to improve road safety, definitely. Is there the money for that, probably not.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I don't disagree with that. But smart motorways are more about congestion management than safety. I don't think they work in either respect, but hey ho.

Of course there are worse issues. But there's a limited (and dwindling) amount of money. And speeding is an easy one to catch, catching poor driving requires actual officers in traffic cars, highly trained (££) officers, and lots of them.
So they go for what they can. Would the roads be safer without cameras? I think that's a very difficult point to backup.
Are there better ways to improve road safety, definitely. Is there the money for that, probably not.

Can't argue with that.

I agree with this completely bud but raises questions about truly where the government/safety partnerships priorities lie. Seems like the easy way out just to slap a ticket on a driver that 'may' otherwise be a good driver and vastly more alert than the wanker who's going at it miss daisy spec.

Good chat

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Regarding the smart motorways, I genuinely don't see why there's not just a big ass sign saying 'keep left unless overtaking'

If they really wanted to make smart motorways, they'd have a system to monitor the lanes*, see which dick head is causing the congestion, put a big red X over their lane and issue a fine.

Even get the great unwashed to sit and watch the cameras. Multiple birds with one stone, less congestion, more road awareness, better lane discipline and the great unwashed contributing to society and earning a wage

RB 182 FF
The statement that the standard of drivers is appalling is spot on... the police shouldn't be wasting time annoying the likes of us with fines and points for a few petty mph over a limit (except in 30 zones I agree with) ... They should be clamping down on the dangerous idiots who are completely oblivious to the mayhem they cause around themselves....

Example - In a 40 zone dear old 80 year old auntie Ethel in her 1 litre micra with Roadhog Ditchfinder 2's fitted doing 36mph and a kid runs out in the road.... Or a trackday enthusiast who's used to speed and good reaction times with a well sorted Renaultsport with very good tyres and excellent brakes fitted doing 46mph and a kid runs out in the road, I know who my money is on NOT to hit the kid......

But ohhhhhhhhhhh no you cant speed sir, here's your fine and points for doing 46... On the other hand though poor Ethel hit the little kid but thankfully only a few broken bones and not a fatality so happy days.....:up:

But ohhhhhhhhhhh noooo no no we can't take Ethel off the road for not being in full control of her vehicle, I mean it's not her fault she can only see 10 metres in front of her, she is 80 after all..... We can't deny her of her human rights can we.....
Don't worry about the mayhem and chaos and danger she causes everyday on her way to the WI causing tailbacks and dangerous overtaking manoeuvres because people have work to attend and places to be...

Rant over:smile:

RB 182 FF
For the record I don't condone speeding, but the argument of 'Safety Cameras' DO NOT make the roads safer with Millions of Ethels behind the wheel on our roads..........

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The statement that the standard of drivers is appalling is spot on... the police shouldn't be wasting time annoying the likes of us with fines and points for a few petty mph over a limit (except in 30 zones I agree with) ... They should be clamping down on the dangerous idiots who are completely oblivious to the mayhem they cause around themselves....

Example - In a 40 zone dear old 80 year old auntie Ethel in her 1 litre micra with Roadhog Ditchfinder 2's fitted doing 36mph and a kid runs out in the road.... Or a trackday enthusiast who's used to speed and good reaction times with a well sorted Renaultsport with very good tyres and excellent brakes fitted doing 46mph and a kid runs out in the road, I know who my money is on NOT to hit the kid......

But ohhhhhhhhhhh no you cant speed sir, here's your fine and points for doing 46... On the other hand though poor Ethel hit the little kid but thankfully only a few broken bones and not a fatality so happy days.....:up:

But ohhhhhhhhhhh noooo no no we can't take Ethel off the road for not being in full control of her vehicle, I mean it's not her fault she can only see 10 metres in front of her, she is 80 after all..... We can't deny her of her human rights can we.....
Don't worry about the mayhem and chaos and danger she causes everyday on her way to the WI causing tailbacks and dangerous overtaking manoeuvres because people have work to attend and places to be...

The traffic laws can't make allowances for each individual driver lol. The system would grind to a halt.
Like it or not, there isn't the budget to have enough traffic officers out there looking for dodgy drivers. Let alone the actual time it would take to do all those roadside stops.
And even if there was, they're still going to pull you at 46 in a 40, regardless of the tyres you put on.
Speed limits exist, and would be enforced regardless of how the roads are policed

RB 182 FF
Well they make enough money to implement all of that..... But they wouldn't because they blow the money from speeding fines and fuel taxes on benefits for immigrants that overpopulate our country and congest our roads......

Clio 197
Well they make enough money to implement all of that..... But they wouldn't because they blow the money from speeding fines and fuel taxes on benefits for immigrants that overpopulate our country and congest our roads......
6GbrHcb.png

Not saying I disagree with you though on the standards of other drivers. I personally think some sort of official scheme like that run by RoSPA should exist where if you pass, there is a higher speed limit for you (obviously not in built up areas). Should be yearly tested too, but the government aren't car enthusiasts so I don't see it happening.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ha! FLOL. Gold, absolute gold. Shouldn't you be out with the other villagers? With your pitchfork? Isn't Tuesday night lynching night?

RB 182 FF
I haven't got time to argue with the blind Advikaz, we made our valid points but some just love to argue.....:sleeping:

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator

Can you stop slagging my nan off please?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
CS Saturday, im sure other meets too :tongueout:

Not this one just gone, last year iirc

Oh mate I'm so sorry!

I meet so many members at the shows it's hard to remember who everyone is!

Make sure you come next year and I promise I'll buy you a beer :up::beers:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I leave cruise on a GPS 53 through them. Frustrating.
Yeah I normally set cruise to 52 which is 50 on GPS but I must of maybe not slowed enough for the first camera.. people at the speed awareness course laughed at me :( haha

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I got nabbed by a camera van which was parked in a side street. I had to Google the road and was well pissed off when i saw it was not a road i was actually driving on!
That first video i think he fucked off because the guy had him bang to rights with not having the required warning signs out. Anyone know the requirements for a mobile camera van regarding signage?