ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HP Web OS devices.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They were all announced yesterday, the tablet looks incredible.

palmtb0311.jpg

More here

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/09/live-from-hp-palms-think-beyond-webos-event/

The tablet looks quite good. It's pretty nicely polished.

But 6months away and no mention of pricing. Seem to have set themselves up for a bit of a fail there really. If they'd said 'This is it. It's $xx. It ships 1st March' then everyone would know exactly what's going on. They don't have the stature or the user base to try and make people excited 6months in advance with no firm details.

That's a long time. There will be a new iPad by then. Proper Android tablet OS. Other competitors too.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Did they announce a release date?

Needs to be in the next 4 months or like you said its DOA

Clio
Vague on dates....

[FONT=&quot]With this in mind, we will ship these products when they are ready later this year – the Veer this spring, and the Pre 3 and TouchPad this summer.[/FONT]

Clio
We've the SDKs in work now and they seem to be finalised, hopefully our department will be getting one of the first touchpads shipped to the UK but we'll see.

A little vid of it

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio
Unfortunately I've never used any tablet, not even an iPad so when it does get here I will not be able to give any feedback on if it is actually any good compared to others.

I am interested in seeing what it can do though.

Clio
So, we've had one in the office today. Its pretty much he same as all the others. Slightly heavier than I thought it would be. Problem is I can't see how its going to be marketed to differenciate it from a iPad. Why would someone buy our product over a tried and tested market leader. Apart from our NHS electronic food menu system app;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
This has been on the cards the last 6 months, webos bombing was the final straw.

I'm hoping what happened with IBM and Lenovo doesn't happen again, turning a great product into a cheap shitty version.

they have been hugly discounted in the states 16GB WiFi for $99 and the 32GB $149 bargin hopefully they do the same in the uk :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
Didn't really get a chance to bomb. Generally well received by the media and users. Just lacked the marketing.

Really is a shame because it was a decent iOS rival

http://thisismynext.com/2011/08/18/hp-failed-webos-whats-next/

Even before this announcement best buy wanted to return stock after only selling 10% of what they ordered, it was essentially a flop

Which is a shame as I had heard it was pretty good form the guys who had used one. Wonder if we will get to buy it at a huge discount like the us, distributors over here have lakes of stock and it's not going to go without being given away now.

http://www.slashgear.com/hp-touchpad-unsold-stock-mountain-prompts-best-buy-ire-17172319/

Last edited:
Even before this announcement best buy wanted to return stock after only selling 10% of what they ordered, it was essentially a flop

Which is a shame as I had heard it was pretty good form the guys who had used one. Wonder if we will get to buy it at a huge discount like the us, distributors over here have lakes of stock and it's not going to go without being given away now.

http://www.slashgear.com/hp-touchpad-unsold-stock-mountain-prompts-best-buy-ire-17172319/

they sold out everywhere in the hope they will be reduced i had a look today and was quite impressed with it

Citroen DS3 DSport
We will have to wait till Friday now for a chance to buy a Touchpad or Pre 3 at discount prices.

Palm Euro Store : "Update Wed 24th 10am : Sorry, No stock will be available for order for the remainder of this week Next Update: Fri 26th 10am. Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page"

Rav4
Been to x2 best buy's in South Carolina, none on the shelves. Shame, looks like ebay is going to make a fortune from this.