ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC 7 Phones

HTC HD7

On 2010-10-11 17:52:03, lukechris wrote:
"HTC has announced its new range of Windows Phone 7 smartphones - and has started with a big 'un.

The HTC HD7 is packing a whopping 4.3-inch WVGA (800x480) LCD screen, matching the dimensions of the popular HD2 and forthcoming Desire HD.

It's packing a 1GHz processor, 512MB of ROM and between 8GB and 16GB of internal storage (although we're hearing O2 will be taking the latter variant in the UK).

Snap happy

A 5MP camera with dual LED flash is stuck on the back, which is also capable of recording 720p HD video.

For the mobile media side of things, the Zune media player is supplemented with Dolby Mobile and SRS surround sound, things we first saw from HTC on the Desire HD.

Size wise it's coming in at 122 x 68 x 11.2 mm, and weighs 162g.

An HTC HD7 UK release date of 21 October has been given to the phone, and it looks like O2 has bagged the exclusive on this phone in the UK."

HTC%20HD7-728-75.jpg

HTC 7 Mozart

At a glance
Size
60.2mm
(2.37")
11.9mm
(0.47")
119mm
(4.69")

Weight
130 grams (4.59 ounces) with battery

Display
Type: Touch screen with pinch-to-zoom capability
Size: 3.7 inches
Resolution: 480 x 800 WVGA
Screen size: 94 mm (3.7")

Detailed specifications
CPU Processing Speed

1 GHz

Storage
Internal storage: 8 GB
ROM: 512 MB
RAM: 576 MB

Connectors
3.5 mm stereo audio jack
Standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)

Sensors
G-Sensor
Digital compass
Proximity sensor
Ambient light sensor

HTC Hub
Weather, Stocks, Converter, Photo Enhancer, Sound Enhancer, and more.
Downloadable apps and games.

Multimedia
See photos from your camera, Facebook® and Windows Live™ accounts in the Pictures hub.
Music and Videos Hub powered by Zune® lets you listen to radio, download music, and more
Dolby Mobile and SRS surround sound

Audio supported formats:
.m4a, .m4b, .mp3, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)

Video supported formats:
Playback:.3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .m4v, .mbr, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9 and VC-1)
Recording:.mp4

Power & Battery

Battery type: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery polymer or Lithium-ion battery

Capacity: 1300 mAh

Talk time:
WCDMA: Up to 330 mins
GSM: Up to 405 mins

Standby time:
WCDMA: Up to 435 hours
GSM: Up to 360 hours

Network

Europe:
HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Asia Pacific:

Platform

Windows® Phone OS 7

Camera
8 megapixel color camera
Auto focus and Xenon flash
720p HD video recording
Built-in scenes include candlelight, landscape, and portrait match the environment of your subject

Internet

3G:
Up to 7.2 Mbps download speed
Up to 2 Mbps upload speed

GPRS:
Up to 114 kbps downloading

EDGE:
Up to 560 kbps downloading

Wi-Fi®:
Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth®
Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate
A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
Other supported profiles: AVRCP, HFP, HSP, PBAP

Social Networking
Facebook® and Windows Live™
Share photos on Facebook® or Windows Live™ SkyDrive®

Bing™ Maps

Special Features
Customize your phone with live tiles which dynamically update all key information right on the Start screen
Choose from thousands of video titles and music tracks via integrated Zune® services
Play console-quality video games with XBox LIVE® integration

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

HTC 7 Trophy

At a glance
Size

61.5mm
(2.42")

11.96mm
(0.47")

118.5mm
(4.67")

Weight
140 grams (4.94 ounces) with battery

Display
Type: Touch screen with pinch-to-zoom capability
Size: 3.8 inches
Resolution: 480 x 800 WVGA
Screen size: 96.5 mm (3.8")

Detailed specifications

CPU Processing Speed
1 GHz

Storage
Internal phone storage: 8 GB
ROM: 512MB
RAM: 576 MB

Connectors
3.5 mm stereo audio jack
Standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)

Sensors
G-Sensor
Digital compass
Proximity sensor
Ambient light sensor

HTC Hub
Weather, Stocks, Converter, Photo Enhancer, Sound Enhancer, and more
Downloadable apps and games

Multimedia
See photos from your camera, Facebook® and Windows Live™ accounts in the Pictures hub
Music and Videos Hub powered by Zune® lets you listen to radio, download music, and more
Dolby Mobile and SRS surround sound

Audio supported formats:
m4a, .m4b, .mp3, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)

Video supported formats:
Playback:.3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .m4v, .mbr., .wmv (Windows Media Video 9 and VC-1)
Recording:.mp4

Power & Battery

Battery type: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery polymer or Lithium-ion battery

Capacity: 1300 mAh

Talk time:
WCDMA: Up to 330 mins
GSM: Up to 405 mins

Standby time:
WCDMA: Up to 435 hours
GSM: Up to 360 hours

Network

Europe:

Asia Pacific:

Platform

Windows® Phone OS 7

Camera
5 megapixel color camera
Auto focus and flash
720p HD video recording
Built-in scenes include candlelight, landscape, and portrait match the environment of your subject

Internet

3G:
Up to 7.2 Mbps download speed
Up to 2 Mbps upload speed

GPRS:
Up to 114 kbps downloading

EDGE:
Up to 560 kbps downloading

Wi-Fi®:
Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth®
Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate
A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
Other supported profiles: AVRCP, HFP, HSP, PBAP

Social Networking
Facebook® and Windows Live™
Share photos on Facebook® or Windows Live™ SkyDrive®

Bing™ Maps

Special Features
Customize your phone with live tiles which dynamically update all key information right on the Start screen
Choose from thousands of video titles and music tracks via integrated Zune® services
Play console-quality video games with XBox LIVE® integration

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

Small vid on the quality of games on the Trophy:

http://www.htc.com/europe/product/7trophy/domore.html

Mito Sportiva 135
PHOTOS please.

I know what I will be going for after my Hero.

Hope they come to Orange though!!!

Mito Sportiva 135
Apparently Mozart on Orange, Trophy on T Mobile, HD7 all networks and another one just for O2.

The phones aren't really the important part, its the OS.

It's going to have to be brilliant or the phones are going to have to be free.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Agree Revels.

I mentioned a while ago that as a blackberry owner I just can't see past an iPhone as my next contract.

It does everything and just so simple. I mentioned how a lot of phone manufacturers are going to be in trouble as the majority of people will still head towards an iPhone and I think once you jump on the wagon you won't get off, you'll just upgrade to the next one, and more people join ala myself.

Even looking at phones these days it just looks like they use Apple's ideas and try to compete. Touchscreen to start then go from there and look at what make the iPhone so good.

I genuinely don't see how they can compete, the sheer simplicity of the iPhone with the power it possesses makes it a winner.

I can't see how any phone could unseat it.

Even looking at phones these days it just looks like they use Apple's ideas and try to compete. Touchscreen to start then go from there and look at what make the iPhone so good.
WP7 is nothing like the iPhone. Its trying to break away from that icon based interface.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes...plus if you try an HTC Android you will see that the iPhone goggles are thicker than the media would have you believe!

Used the Mozart today and really impressed. Will take some getting used to the UI but it works. The web browser was actually really, really good. Loaded pages quickly, rotated and zoomed smoothly and nicely. It kinda has a feel of OSX about it in the way that the transition effects work. XBox Live looks cool but wasn't logged in as it was only a demo. Screen was a little small on the Mozart but I'm looking at getting the Omnia 7 (Only handset to be on T-Mob for launch) so the screen size won't be an issue. Texting was a shed load better than on Android and on a par with the iPhones.

All in all I was very impressed to see what MS have done (coming from someone who has had: iPhone 3GS, Desire HD, Galaxy S, BB 9700 - Work in a phone shop). As long as it isn't as buggy as f**k, which the one I used was fine, then its shaping up to be a good OS

Mito Sportiva 135
Interesting review here although don't talk much about the gaming which for me is a big draw. Overall they are very positive though about it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh let us know mate...all the things it's marked down for are all minor for my own needs...e.g. I only use a few apps (e.g. useful ones) I don't use it for fart noises etc.

Clio 172
Right got the HTC HD7 up and running yesterday, Well first impressions its a great phone the screen is really nice and big, easy to use etc, So far no lag or any problems which i can see. it does Not Freeze etc, which is great. There are quite alot of apps, Im sure there will be loads more in the next few weeks, Only 1 problem i found out was the xbox live extras downloadable app pack, has a problem and needs to be fixed but im sure MS will fix this a.s.a.p, other then that, its a great smooth and very fast phone. all webpages working fine i was on here last night etc.

I Would recommend the phone as its great quality and my first HTC phone and very user friendly, and its really use to use the touchscreen keyboard as well.

If you want any more info let me know.

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool...whats the problem with xbox live then on there Mark as it's a big draw for me getting one.

Agreed though the HTC hardward is pretty sweet, really like them they feel very solid - wish I hadn't dropped my Hero 2 weeks ago :(

Clio 172
Cool...whats the problem with xbox live then on there Mark as it's a big draw for me getting one.

Agreed though the HTC hardward is pretty sweet, really like them they feel very solid - wish I hadn't dropped my Hero 2 weeks ago :(

Well basically you have xbox live app which works fine, but there is a free download called xbox live extras which you download and then you can talk to your friends on xbox live etc, and modify your avatar, and view your achievments,without this you can just play games on your mobile etc. So hopefully MS Will patch this up Fairly quickly as i was looking forward to getting xbox live running as well.

Also MS are suppose to be adding Copy and paste, in January. Not that this bothers me at all.

Just downloading my First Xbox live Game now, so will see what the graphics and speed is like.

Mark

SLK 350
Really can't understand why people would choose the MS platform over iOS or Android. Give it a year (or two) and maybe, but now? No thanks!

Do their publicity posters still have apps on that you can't get? Lol.

Claimed they had Angry Birds. Used the icon. Developers said there isn't a W7 version and no plans for one.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ha really? I love Angry Birds....

Are the games you download also available for your 360, or how does it work? Does achievment points get added to your main profile or a separate phone set of achievements?

330 Ci
Just downloading my First Xbox live Game now, so will see what the graphics and speed is like.

Mark

How're you finding your new HD7 Mark?

Mines just arrived today and it looks... well, massive! Although in actuality it isn't that much bigger than my iphone (defector!)

Will have to see how i find it, after reading the Guardians review of it last night i'm not filled with as much confidence as i had been before... a web-browser that doesn't support flash!? thats just poor!

Found any decent apps for it yet?

Windows Phone 7 must have Apps sticky thread?

330 Ci
and your in no way bias there are you! (going off your avatar)

i'm suprised that the iphone and Android apps threads arent stickys already tbh!

Clio 182 cup'd
Will have to see how i find it, after reading the Guardians review of it last night i'm not filled with as much confidence as i had been before... a web-browser that doesn't support flash!? thats just poor!

Your iPhone didn't have flash either...

330 Ci
^ one of the main reasons why i didnt bother with the ip4... that and i got sick of the stale interface and apple forcing updates on you (if you want your apps to work). Each time you update your phone it gets slowed down, notieably each time you implement them.

Right - I've played with WM7 on my HD7 for a few hours now and i've come to the following conclusions:

The tiles are a nice idea to start with, however once you start pinning apps on to the start page you end up having to scroll further and further down the screen to find what you want - it doesn't hold a candle to the Android OS on the HTC Desire where you can pinch and view multiple pages at a time to quickly get to what you want and dare i say it the tiles could do with being smaller and more then two a breast, like apps, on the iphone!?

The facebook/hotmail integration is great, however alittle frustrating when it adds email addresses as seperate entries into your phonebook - so you end up searching longer to get to the contact that you want.

HTC Hub is kind of useless, it takes alittle too long to load up and the same content is available through the marketplace tile (via a htc content link).. so no use wasting two tiles worth of space on the homepage on the 'hub when marketpalce does the same.

Texting is great - easily on a par with Apple, except that word suggestions are more frequent and a larger selection offered to choose from

Syncing software: I don't like Zune - its f**king useless, it didnt recognise any of the artists that i listed for it to recommend me music (artists that have charted top 10 in the uk), i don't like the fact that i have to choose between itunes OR zune if i want to get the best out of the syncing experience. I appreciate that because it isn't as popular as itunes and hasn't had the same footfall through its digital doorway that it doesnt have the same resources to pool, but its seriously lacking if it can't find Chase & Status or Ellie Goulding.

I'll update as i find new things although at the moment i'm tempted to sell the handset and get a Desire HD instead.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Agree Revels.

I mentioned a while ago that as a blackberry owner I just can't see past an iPhone as my next contract.

It does everything and just so simple. I mentioned how a lot of phone manufacturers are going to be in trouble as the majority of people will still head towards an iPhone and I think once you jump on the wagon you won't get off, you'll just upgrade to the next one, and more people join ala myself.

I genuinely don't see how they can compete, the sheer simplicity of the iPhone with the power it possesses makes it a winner.

I can't see how any phone could unseat it.

You can't see past your own nose then.

iOS = stale

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You can't see past your own nose then.

iOS = stale

You're mistaking stale with consistency, just look at Mac OS, from System 1 (1984) even to OS X (2010) it has changed visually very little, it's got more colourful (particularly with OS X) but it's essentially the same thing, Apple unlike Microsoft don't change things just for "s***s and giggles". Windows on the other hand has had all manner of "upgrades" (for the sake of the point we'll call them upgrades) which makes supporting them a nightmare, take for instance control panel which seems to change and move stuff around randomly from version to version.

If Windows Mobile 7 fails to make good traction, then it's game over for Microsoft in the mobile arena, Android will hammer home the final nail in its coffin. Android will certainly be eating away large chunks of the embedded market where Windows CE had a deathgrip.