ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Desire HD - Finally!

SLK 350
Haven't yet read all of that Tom, but I can't say I agree with some of the negatives they focus on:

"A 1mm lip around the screen"
It's actually something I prefer, if you're in a call and you turn the phone face down, it will automatically switch to loudspeaker. If the screen was flush with the edge, I'd be none too happy about putting my phone face down on a worktop or desk... In my eyes, it's a positive.

"battery lasted barely a day"
When I first received the phone I was in awe of just how quickly the thing was draining. Especially as I'd already tweaked it (turning BT/WIFI/GPS off, dimming screen, backing off the hourly sync of apps like weather), however it turned out that an app that I've yet to identify (but that was culled when I was troubleshooting it) but suspect was either Sky News/Skype or some Football scores app, was consuming my battery leaving me with 7/8 hours of up time. Thankfully with Android you can analyse your battery stats right down to what component (display/service/os/phone etc) in a % format - very handy.

Now I'm happily getting 1 day - 1.5 days of uptime, and that's with 2 MAPI, 1 Exchange, various syncs, 30 minutes calls a day, music, nav and a decent amount of browsing.

The other upside, is aside from the fact they've yet to master the battery flap (it is awkward to begin with), that unlike my iPhone I can carry a spare battery in my glove box, and if I know I'm going to be watching a movie or be untethered I can carry a very slim battery with me, £14. TBH I never need it due to having a car charger and USB lead at my desk, but if the need arises, I can charge in any PC... no need for iTunes or drivers.

"camera resting on the lens"
This is probably the only reason I'll be getting a Flexicase for it, it doesn't rest squarely on the lens itself, but it does rest on the surround. Not ideal.

Off home, can post more later.

SLK 350
I got one of these: http://www.londonmagicstore.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=desire+hd

Was expecting a load of shite tbh, but figured it would do the job while I waited for the bigger names to release their products. As it happens, it's an excellent product that does the job absolutely perfectly, nice tight fit, full access to buttons, hardy and protective. Also comes with a screen cover, but I refuse to put any piece of s**t plastic over a glass screen.

Recommended anyway, especially for the price - came in 2/3 days.

SLK 350
I went for Black matey, though it's actually fairly opaque, I'd describe it more as 'Smoke'.

Sure you won't be disappointed, I'd post come pictures, but I don't have a spare camera (I cba to fish out my SLR).

Lemme know how you get on!

well i had a mozart but sent it back and my desire hd arrived today. must say its awesome! my old phone is a sony ericsson c902... so the dhd is quite a step forward!! very different :D one thing i did notice tho, how do you move contacts from sim to phone so you can add more details?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've got the Hero at mo and would like the Desire HD on my next upgrade in a few month

SLK 350
Did your case arrive dajones?

Also loving the phone, especially now the battery has settled. Lasts a full day now, or 1.5 if I'm frugal.

yes it did :) its a funky white one with circles, im actually impressed with the quality seeing as it was only £3 lol cheers the hoff.
what do you need to do to settle the battery? is it just run it through charge and "dead" a few times