ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Desire/Xperia 10

Punto/Clio GTT
contract is up and im looking at new phones.

GF has just had a HTC desire and its very good, nice to hold, the touch screen is great. The only thing thats putting me off is composing texts. ive tried to do it and i seem to hit other letters from time to time. Maybe something i can adapt to, i dunno.

Saw the Xperia 10 on tv a while ago and thought it looked decent. The pull out keyboard looked nice.

Xperia is £30 a month

Desire is £30 a month, pretty much identical deals, free phone, 3gb internet etc etc.

Anyone have an xperia? any good?

*edit* dont want an iphone

Diesel Barge
Out of them 2 choices Desire without a doubt, you will get used to the keyboard after a short while tbh. But yeah, iPhone...oh.

Desire then.

Punto/Clio GTT
just read some reviews of Desire V Nexus One and they basically all say the desire is better due to Sense? but both are identical phones pretty much.

more battery life on the desire, noise reduction on the nexus.

hmmmmm

also anyone know any cheaper deals around than £30 atm, dont mind what network, needs to be unlimited broadband (3gig i think)

Last edited:
  Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Sense 2.1 is good, 2.5 i believe is going to be out soon. 2.5 looks nicer, but doesnt 'flow' as well caus it uses more memory. prob be alright on these devices with the 1ghz Snapdragon.

182FF with cup packs
I have fairly fat fingers, but the HTC IME input method is fantastic, I use it on my Nexus one because it's so superior. It's version of predictive test is very forgiving for errant letters.

If you use it for a while and just watch the suggestion bar you will notice that it will autocorrect your awful typing on the fly.

With the Nexus One, Android 2.2 makes up (mostly) for not having SenseUI and massivly improves the speed and battery life.

Also the X10 is only Android 1.6.

133T
Download the app Big Buttons Keyboard for emm bigger buttons. I use this for texting. HTC is great.