ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Wildfire? Any Good??

Clio Sport 172
As above.

Am i being a tight ar$e buying the Wildfire?

Should i spend abit more and get something better or is it a good phone for the money??

What to do???

Clio Sport 172
I hear that the HTC HD2 is a good phone and you can hack it to get it onto android. Not a Samsung fan myself. And the Deside looks abit cheap and the Desire HD iw well out of my budget, lol

ive just had a look at the HD2 and yeah it does look quite good only thing that would put me off is the windows operating system as i know people that have have problems with it but if you can hack it and put android on it id say go for it m8

Wildfire very good for a budget phone. Screen resolution lets its down, but otherwise its a great wee handset.

I've just got one, I'm really pleased with it :). I think the Screen is still great, so that doesn't bother me.
Only thing is, its not so powerful, and not running Froyo 2.2 yet, so some of the apps/games aren't available on it.

A lot of the apps/games will never be available as they don't support the resolution (such as angry birds!)

Listerine & Poledo
chews through data like a mo fo, especially if using hotmail.

check the "unlimited" caveats on contracts, 500mb is the usual "fair usage" policy, after which you get thoroughly bummed.

Clio Sport 172
I got a HTC HD2 in the end. Is there anywhere ither than Windows market place you can get apps for Windows phones??

More I use the wildfire, more I like it! Quite a compact and fun device if you understand its limitattions!

Cooper S
well for now the successor to htc wildfire is wildfire S and it has got 3.2-inch touch screen with 320 x 480 display resolution and has Gingerbread Android 2.4 version OS with special htc sense technology ie TouchFLO 3D user interface so this seems to be an advanced version of wildfire legacy. Previous version had only android 2.1 and there after to 2.2 Eclair version.

Moreover htc offers 5 megapixel color camera with auto focus and flash as compared to its close competitor ie ZTE blade which has similar specs. Both the phones have only primary camera but resolution differs and quality as 5 megapixel will have higher resolution and to me according to my requirements like browsing, gaming, watching videos as well as capturing high quality videos all in one can be easily fullfilled by it.

HTC Wildfire S rocks:D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL, no it doesn't "Rock" Its crap. Copy and paste all you like. But its a low end phone that wont last long in today's market.

Actually hold on, its a bot.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Mines s**t tbh, battery is crap, resolution is crap, if it has more than two text messages stored it goes mad and it's slow at everything! Butttt.... it's cheap

In fact it's that s**t I miss my G1, why o why did I take it in the bathroom with me:dapprove:

R26 + EV0 FQ340
I've not long bought a wildfire and looking to upgrade allready. It's not bad but too slow for me, Some apps arn't available as the processor isn't fast enough. I don't know what to get next but looking at the desire or HD desire so far but don't think I couldbring myself to pay £270 or so for a HD. What are the samsung offerings like?

Renault Clio 16V
The phone is good but only if you are not wishing to utilize this phone for gaming and watching high quality videos coz honestly the phone lacks better display resolution.:( The touch sensitivity is best and camera quality is average. Over all htc wildfire is best for individuals like me wishing to utilize a phone for calling, web browsing and for music along with a touchscreen at low cost. Currently i am using this phone and as per its cost this phone deserves KUDOS from me:clap:. Atleast htc wildfire is better than other expensive and crappy touchscreen phones from nokia and samsung at such an affordable cost.