ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTPC??

BMW 125i
anyone got one?? I'm thinking of getting one or building my own to store all my movies seems the most sensible way to go about it just wanted to know anyones personal opinion on them

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i have one, too much data to put onto it though so i stream off a media server/pc with shares. works well.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I've built a few of these now, they are great!

I'm thinking of selling mine at the mo, as I am struggling to get a signal in my new flat being in a bad area, so I'm missing a load of channels on freeview, so may need to get myself a Virgin box instead :(

They are really really good though, especially with the Win 7 MCE. Linked up to my home network, photo gallery, music library, etc.

SAM_0032.jpg

SAM_0029.jpg

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Linux File Server (in loft)
8TB storage (RAID5)
MythTV Backend
4 Freeview tuners capable of recording up to 8 channels at the same time.
Records and motion detects security camera.

I have MythTV Frontends in bedroom, living room and dining room. All videos/music/tv shows/live tv and security camera are viewable through the Mythtv frontends.

System is linked using 1GB switch, wireless n and homeplug 200mbit adaptors.

I love it :D, Now looking to add a dual/triple feed freesat card into the backend, and possibly connect it to the phone system so incoming calls lookup a contact list and pop up on the screen who is calling (theoretically I should be able to answer the call via the frontend and user the tv speakers and mic on the computer to talk to the caller :D)

Go cry to your momma!
There's a few guys at work with them - they seem to take over your life.

My advise, don't do it. You'll look like a geek ;D