ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HU forgets settings

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Grande
in my brother's car his HU worked fine and remembered the settings after turning the car off and then back on, however he gave me the HU and now it does not remember any of the settings so i have to change my bass etc everytime i start the car. this is the same in my mate's C2 as the HU i sold him worked fine in my car but now does not remember settings in his. anyone please help? thanks

1.2 Clio
At the back you will need to swap the red and yellow wires on the loom around. With alpine (i know for sure) possibly others... you can just swap them. They are split and joined with connectors.
The problem is, your using ignition live as a fixed live and vise versa, so fixed live as ignition live.

BMW E46 and E36
At the back you will need to swap the red and yellow wires on the loom around. With alpine (i know for sure) possibly others... you can just swap them. They are split and joined with connectors.
The problem is, your using ignition live as a fixed live and vise versa, so fixed live as ignition live.

Got it in one... I had this problem too mate, once they're swapped it'll work fine (remember settings) because it'll constantly have a live feed.