ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hub-centric Spacers

Clio 182
I ve a 172 mk2 and are thinking about fitting the above to my car. I ve standard springs on the front and lowered 30mm on the rear. I'm thinking of 15mm spacers front and 19mm on the rear. One do people think this is a worthy mod and what are the plus n minuses to fitting these.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Turning circle will be improved and will look more aggressive. But I'd go closer to 20-25mm. I put 15mm on mine and it only barely worked on the rear. The front still looked stupidly tucked way in to the arches. 25ml gets you flush with the arches

Clio 2.0 16v 182
also there's no real negatives to fitting these unless you go 30mm or more. Since they're hubcentric, very little strain is added

WP_20151028_10_36_34_Pro.jpg
WP_20151028_10_37_16_Pro.jpg
I've just fitted spacers yesterday after some playing about. The fronts were no problem because there is loads of clearance. The rears took a little longer to sort. I have a 172 cup lowered on eibach sportlines by 35mm. The only spacers that would clear the arches were 10mm non hubcentrics. Tried 25mm first and 15mm second. Both times had bad tyre scrub. The 10's being non hubcentric isn't a problem as the wheel sits on the spigot off the the rear disc thereby offering some support rather than just using the wheel bolts which you don't want! Don't forget you'll need longer bolts for non hubcentrics. The standard length(smirk) is 26mm iirc plus your spacer width. 60 degree fixed head as well. I have 25mm hubcentrics on the front. Here's some pics and yes I know it could do with a clean...